Thread: Can’t send email because don’t have Digital ID after installing windows live in windows 7

Can’t send email because don’t have Digital ID after installing windows live in windows 7

HI, am using Windows 7 computer and have installed Windows Live essentials with all its services including mail, messenger, etcc. I found that I was not able to send Email by using this particular program as it is asking for Digital Id. Can you tell me why it is asking for Digital Id? Before that I would like to know about Digital Id itself. How I can get? Any help on above mentioned topic will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Can’t send email because don’t have Digital ID after installing windows live in windows 7

The thing Digital is basically used to encrypt your email messages, that you are looking to send or receive. Normally you can get the same from system administrator for commercial usage. You can also use digital id for personal use as well. but to get the same you need to contact organization that provides such service.

You should follow the below instructions to set Digital Id:
    • Launch Windows Live Mail, from Main Window click on Tools and go for Options.
    • Look for Security and click on it, now click on Secure Mail, Click on Digital Ids and Click on Import button.
    • It will launch Import wizard, complete it, so that Digital Id would get imported.

Re: Can’t send email because don’t have Digital ID after installing windows live in windows 7

Windows contact supposed to store all Digital Id of Windows Mail. By default Windows Mail adds digital Id of sender if it receives any secure email. But in some situation it wont for you and you need to add digital id with associated contact. Don’t panic, it is really simple to do and consist of following steps.
    • Open Windows Live Mail on your computer if it is already closed.
    • Open desired secured email, click on File, click on Properties, Click on Security and Click on Add Digital Id to Contact.