Thread: Windows messenger for Mac version 8 is getting hacked every now and then

Windows messenger for Mac version 8 is getting hacked every now and then

There have been several short stories about the Windows Messenger for Mac (version 8) account appears to have been hacked. Some complained that their profile picture changed as well as the status line changed to something as sexually explicit and the account started spamming into every address in the contact list. Same thing happened with me also yesterday night. Actually I was not using the Microsoft/hotmail/live account but my password was very easy to crack. I did the following things:
    • Scanned the entire system for virus and malware but didn’t found any.
    • I have reset the password using the link provided by Microsoft. It solved the problem for a while but it re-appears again.
    • Finally I decided to close the current Windows live login account and create a new one. Now it is fine.

Can anyone explain me why this system is being hacked everytime? Is it really unsecured?

Re: Windows messenger for Mac version 8 is getting hacked every now and then

Consider a little, it took us no more than a minute, everyone is looking on the internet the best way to steal passwords or hack hotmail and messenger, some newbies fall into pages that offer hacking miracles and password in the mail messenger and hotmail, but in short pages end up being spam and steal and use your identity on the Internet, today clarified how to recover a password in MSN 2009 and the anticipation of future Live 2010 presented to you this program that takes hotmail and msn password for free and legally.

In the war between the major studios and hackers of the Net, Windows Live Messenger has chosen sides. The instant messaging service has taken a radical decision: block all links The Pirate Bay to be posted on Windows Live Messenger. When a user attempts to share a link to the torrent site, an error message appears: "The link you are trying to send was blocked because it is marked as dangerous." Microsoft and advance security reasons, even though we know that this is a clear stance against illegal downloading. Moreover, for the moment, only the Pirate Bay is affected by this measure. But it is not surprising that Windows Live Messenger to extend its new scheme to other torrent sites. Nevertheless, it remains a fairly simple way to bypass this feature if you want to continue to exchange links on The Pirate Bay Windows Live Messenger: simply by shortening the URL via a service.

The hacker was able to change all the information but it does not matter, send the old Microsoft. If ever you put the information "can", it'll just mourn your account and open a new one! If the malicious software that allowed the hacker to hijack your account is still present on the machine, you run the risk that your new account is hacked again. It is very important to know that neither MSN nor Microsoft ever contact you by mail or over the telephone to ask for your password and secret answer to your question. Hackers send emails posing as hotmail or MSN and affirming that there is such an anomaly on your account or that MSN seeks to establish a list of valid accounts and if you do not answer your account will be deleted.

MSN Messenger is used worldwide by over 420 million people use Google Homepage and after the most popular Internet destination in the Netherlands. According to Vroon it is also the danger. "Because the program is used by many people, and so general was introduced, but few realize that the use of the program entails security risks” Some says that MSN is so dangerous because the firewall is open for MSN. Furthermore, it is impossible for the identity of other users to control. This allows criminal estimators themselves do if you know where she's identity stolen. So they send messages containing links and if you click to get somewhere that you never knew you would come. Then you already have a worm virus installed on your computer, stealing data.