Thread: How to recover contacts that were deleted by a hacker who got into my hotmail account?

How to recover contacts that were deleted by a hacker who got into my hotmail account?

I am using hotmail since one year and I am much familiar with hotmail. I had all my contacts with hotmail. But recently a hacker hacked my hotmail account. He deleted my entire contact list and sent a mail to every contact. I want to recover my contact list. How can I restore my contact list can anyone help me out and tell me how can I secure my account?

Re: How to recover contacts that were deleted by a hacker who got into my hotmail account?

You should try restoring your account. Restore your account to restore all your email, linked ids. To reset your email account sending and receiving. Go to options and click on mail on the left side. In that you will see various options and in that you will manage your account. In that select the following to restore your account.
    Sending/receiving mail from other accounts.
    Email forwarding.
    Sending automated vacation replies.

For resting your linked id’s.
    Go to options and then click on mail on the left side. In managing your account click on account details. Enter password and sign in. Click on linked id’s and then select add linked id’s.

Re: How to recover contacts that were deleted by a hacker who got into my hotmail account?

To reduce this kind of problems you should keep your account safe. Don’t login your account from anywhere. Keep your antivirus up to date. Most of the id’s and passwords are sent to the hackers through viruses, malware. This malware and viruses get installed in your computer without your knowledge. It gets installed when you download from an unrestricted websites or download something from unknown websites. This gets downloaded with the file you are downloading. This virus gets attached with the file and gets install when you run or open the file. Before changing your password be sure that your computer is malware and virus free. If there are no malware or virus in your computer the hackers won’t be able to steal your password. Update your antivirus program and check for the viruses in your computer. After the check is complete change your password. This way you can reduce your problem and be at a safer side from the hackers.

rajni Guest

Change your security question and answer to prevent your account from being the victim of the hacker. It quite possible for the people to guess the answer of the security questions you have kept. You can the security question and answer to get prevented. By changing this security question and answer only you will be knowing the right answer which you have changed .You can change the security settings in the following way.
    1. Go to options from the upper right corner and then go to mail.
    2. In that on manage your account click on Account details.
    3. Click on manage in account security options.
    4. Change the security question and answer.
    5. Click on save to finish the procedure.

Prevent your account from being hacked. Create a strong password for account. Use alphanumeric keywords in your password. Use all uppercase and lowercase letters in password. Make your password using the special symbols also. Keep your operating system updated. An updated system is safer and secure. Many operating systems have free software for security. Never reply to email who prompt for your password. Don’t sign in from any public computers or unsecured networks. Maintain your account in such a way that it is easier for you recover it.

I have many important mails in my inbox. A hacker hacked into my account and he deleted all the mails from it. I wanted to recover the mail but was unable to. I discussed the incident with my friend and he showed me that how can I recover my deleted mails. It is very easy to recover your mails.To recover your deleted mails go to the deleted folder. Scroll down and you will see recover deleted messages. Click on that and it will try to recover as many messages it can.

You can restore your contacts. The contacts which are deleted by the hacker can be easily recovered. Hotmail shares the contact list with windows live and you can restore it from there. But you cannot restore the contacts which were deleted before 30 days. To restore the contacts follow the steps.
    1. Sign in you hotmail account.
    2. Go to contacts page.
    3. In manage option click on restore deleted contacts.
    4. Select the contacts which you want to restore or click on restore all of you to restore all of your contacts.