Thread: Change windows live ID to my gmail account but it is saying new e-mail address not available

Change windows live ID to my gmail account but it is saying new e-mail address not available

I am having a hotmail id ni****@hotmail.com and want to change the hotmail id to my gmail account. I have associated the gmail account with my hotmail id. But when I am trying to change the id it prompts me that the id is not available. I also checked that whether the account is registered with the hotmail or not. Can anyone help me fixing this problem?

Re: Change windows live ID to my gmail account but it is saying new e-mail address not available

Hi, you can’t change you user id to an existing account name or alias name. Here you are trying to change your main user id to an existing alias. You have to delete the existing alias for this. The system waits for 365 days to delete the alias. However you have to wait for a year to have the id.

rajni Guest

Re: Change windows live ID to my gmail account but it is saying new e-mail address not available

Hi, you can use your gmail account with hotmail account. I think that your account might be associated with some other account. You have to delete the alias of the other account. Once you delete the alias of the other account, you will be able to use it only after 30 days. After 30 days you can login with that username as a regular hotmail account. To delete the alias follow the steps.
    • Sign in to your Hotmail account
    • Click on Options and then more options.
    • In managing your account, click on Account details
    • In Other options, select your email addresses
    • Remove the email addresses that you don’t need.

To change your mail id make sure that you have provided the alternate email address in your account. This alternate email is helpful very much in this process. The mails sent by the windows live hotmail team goes directly to this account. You have to recover your account again so that the email with the link will be sent to your alternative email address. This procedure should to be done by you only after updating the alternative email address. To remove the alternative email address from your account follow the steps.
    1.Sign in your Windows Live Hotmail ID.
    2.Go to the Password reset information section.
    3.Click on Remove check box next to Email and then Confirmed.
    4.Click on remove all your information on the bottom of the page.
    5.Click on Mark for removal link to continue.
    6.Check that the confirmed status of alternate e-mail address should be changed to Lost.
    As you complete the procedure then a confirmation mail will be sent on that email id. This confirmation mail has a validity of 7 days. After 30 days you will be able to add your new alternative email address.

I suggest you to check for the email address you are using. Check if someone else is not having the email id you want. For your confirmation you can choose recover option to check whether any one is using the id or not. You can follow the procedure to check the mail count is used by some other person or not.
    1. Enter the email account you want to check.
    2. Select cant access your account.
    3. Select I think someone else is using my Windows Live ID.
    4. Click reset your password.
    5. Enter the details and click next.
    6. Choose Customer support then click Customer support link.
    7. Fill the information and click Continue.
    8. Validate your identity to recover your account.
    9. Fill the information for account validation and click continue.
    10. Note down your PIN number.