Thread: Need assistance for Hosting a Live Meeting

Need assistance for Hosting a Live Meeting

I have a small firm and have my clients at different work places so it becomes difficult for me to get them all together and arrange for a meeting so I need some assistance to Host a Live meeting with my Client. I have to show some presentations online and want to know that what I should use to present some information I have on my desktop. I have some questions that are not answered on Live Meeting website.
    1. How do I host a meeting?
    2. Is this software free for me?
    3. What my clients need to do to join this meeting?

Any help in regards of this will be appreciated.
    I use Windows 7 Ultimate I don’t have any Idea of Clients Operating system.

Re: Need assistance for Hosting a Live Meeting

You can use Microsoft Office Live Meeting for hosting online meetings. Office live meeting is a conferencing solution by which you can engage people in online meetings, trainings and events. It can be easily downloaded from the Internet and you can test your computer’s compatibility with Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 by visiting the following link
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=90703

1. Using Microsoft Office Live Meeting it is very easy to host a meeting. The “Meet Now” feature enables you and your colleagues to collaborate at a moment’s notice. You can invite people with the help of “Meet Now” and “Outlook”. To start the meeting rightly

1. Open Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007
      2. Click “Meet Now”. You will get a note that you are now connecting to the meeting that have started
      3. Click “Meeting” and then click “Invite”. You will see two choices for ways to invite people: by email or Telephone.

If you choose “By Email” Outlook will create a meeting invitation and if you choose call someone your telephone conference service will start the call. You should also invite yourself too, so that even you have the email message containing the “Join Meeting” link. The will provide you an access to rejoin or review the meeting later.

2. I have already mentioned that it is freeware and it is available on the Internet but it is necessary that you download it and install it on both Host and clients PC.

3. For your clients to join this meeting it is just that they have to accept the invitation. When the invitation to a live meeting arrives in their mail box, all they have to do is Click “Join the meeting”, in the message. If the client has never used Live Meeting 2007, you can install it, right from the message. You can attach meeting codes, audio links, or a note the message also contains troubleshooting information and alternate instructions.

If you want to display contents outside of the Live Meeting you should first Import it in the Live Meeting Client. It is most commonly used to add slide presentations you can import multiple file types into live meeting for example Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel files, as well as video presentations, such as Macromedia Flash and Windows Media Player (.wmv) files. Follow the following steps to import the content into the meeting:
    1. Click the “Content” pane, click “Share”, and then click “Upload File” (View Only)
    2. From “Choose a Document to share” dialogue box, select a file to Import and then click “Open” import the file.
    3. To present the file from the content pane select the file that you want to present.
    4. Click the “Previous” or “Next” icon located in the lower left to go through the slides.
    5. Click the icons located at the bottom of the pane to control the video file

Hope this answers all your questions and helps you to host a meeting for your clients.
    Wish you All the Very Best