Thread: Cannot play Solitaire in Firefox 12

Cannot play Solitaire in Firefox 12

I have been trying to play solitaire: A card game in Firefox 12 but for what reason I cannot play this game in my web browser. I can’t say whether it is the problem of web browser or something else like Flash plug-in or system graphics but no matter how and what I do, I cannot move the cards in solitaire. I tried different methods to move cards but they won’t move at all.

Re: Cannot play Solitaire in Firefox 12

From which website you are trying to open and play the solitaire?

Is the solitaire that is built into windows?

If it one which came with Windows, it should not get affected by Firefox 12. Furthermore the Firefox doesn't touch any Windows components whether they are related to games or any other apps. To fix this problem, you should run all Windows Updates first and then install all needed service packs, etc. Second thing is installing latest graphics driver. Firefox has the ability to render using the graphics card. Outdated driver may cause this problem. Finally update all available major plug-ins (Flash, Java, etc.). I hope it gets solved.

I don’t know what is causing this problem but you have to find out everything by yourself. It is your computer and you have configured your web browser. So you need to find out what is the culprit for this problem. My solution is to see either cookies or images for the site (& your email) are disabled or not. To check it go to the Tools > Options > Content. Verify the exceptions, as well as the (checked?) boxes on the left. Apparently some Firefox users have trouble, the page Yahoo! Games to load. Debt seems to be a Java applet, which cannot be loaded. Since I could not confirm this problem with me, but the Java plug-in is currently, another solution had to be searched.

By default Firefox saves tabs every 10 seconds continuously active, which could be exaggerated and also cause problems with playing flash games, and videos of Youtube and other sites, which also use flash players. What we can do is increase the range so that instead of keeping the session every 10 seconds, do it for example every 2 or 3 minutes. To do this, do the following:
    • In the address bar, type about: config and press Enter. After accepting the warning message.
    • Find the key and you change browser.sessionstore.interval value. The default value is 10000 (10 seconds), so you could switch to 120000 (2 minutes) or other higher value in milliseconds.

This will solve the problem and not pass both the resource will be used to restore the browser session. I would like to know if they work because I personally I have no problem with the videos, so comments are welcome.

It seems that the problem does not go through Firefox itself. It is true that the recovery system should prejudice something very less powerful machines, but I think most should not do anything. What I did was disable hardware acceleration, and so far it has been very good. It seems that the new feature in Flash, using the GPU to assist with reproduction, produces errors in the unsupported machines. It seems that Flash is calling something in the video driver, which did not work well, so that jumps do not know. It is noteworthy that GPU acceleration is more a trouble of all, since the vast majority of us, especially notebook users, have graphics cards that support this feature. Right click on the video, go to settings (settings) and remove the tick the option for hardware acceleration.

Flash does not use graphics cards but only the processor, so no matter how powerful is your card unless you have a fast processor. If sometimes a problem for that some program is running, so to put everything you can and let the processor as free as possible. As per my experience I can tell that the Flash works best with old computer evne running Window XP as compared to my new Asus laptop with Windows 7. Did you follow the instructions of Firefox for activating ActiveX Controls?

I too have the same problem, depends on firefox and the new version, I do not know if it happens to you. The games loads but the screen remains blank and also no audio, I have tried everything but nothing. I regret having updated firefox before I had this problem, but when I put the new version that is two days I have to use explorer for everything and some components that I was using in previous version are no longer compatible with the new version, and so at least it says next to the name of the components when trying to install them, as regards the flash player I tried to install it many times but if I use firefox with the new version is always absent, even if and installed and updated perfectly. However, as far as I know and I already happened with other versions and just wait they will solve the problem with a new update, I hope.

The vast majority of Games in general using Flash. This means that the excessive use of RAM is more attributable to the Firefox Flash plugin (developed by Adobe) that Firefox itself. The fact that with Chrome, or IE, they will not present the problem is due to the fact that these browsers use an ad-hoc version of the Flash plugin. To better understand: plug-in container.exe holds if the plugins used while browsing with Firefox. If even one of these crashes, your browser would still live because I would send out only memory "container.exe-plugin", which will be restarted by simply refresh the affected page. Conversely, if this does not start because it blocked / excluded a priori by the user, would crash the firefox.exe process, because even a single tab, however, closing the browser and possibly forcing you to lose unsaved work.