Thread: Session Restore, Open in Background Tab and Group Tabs functions are not working on Firefox 12

Session Restore, Open in Background Tab and Group Tabs functions are not working on Firefox 12

the computer of mine is powered by Windows 7 x64. Couple of days before I have upgraded Firefox 12 from Firefox 11. However after doing that I started to face several problems and I am really frustrated due to those problem. upon completion of upgrade I noticed session did not restored after restarting browser. Session did not seems to work at all. when I am opening new link into background tab result into opening into new tab and rest of all open tabs are getting closed. Even group tab does not work for me at all. Let me know if you are having any issue to resolve my matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Session Restore, Open in Background Tab and Group Tabs functions are not working on Firefox 12

Looking at the situation I am suggesting that you should try to open Firefox into Safe Mode.
    • You have to click on Firefox button and go for Help menu and simply select Restart with Add-ons Disabled....
    • Firefox would launch with Firefox Safe Mode dialog.
    • Even you press and hold Shift key in order to launch Firefox on your browser.
    • You should click on Continue Safe mode. while using Firefox in safe mode all extensions as well as themes are getting disabled. If you have done any customization on Firefox tool bar then it would be reverted. Once you have quit Safe mode Firefox would return into normal state before running into Safe mode.

Re: Session Restore, Open in Background Tab and Group Tabs functions are not working on Firefox 12

You might need to change Firefox theme to default theme. You can do the same by using following instruction.

You have to click on launch Firefox and click on Tools and go for Add-ons.

Click on Appearance and after that click on Themes.

Here you have to choose default theme and you have to click on Enable button so that Firefox can switch default theme.

Finally restart browser and see whether it helps you out or not.

Well I am highly suspecting that issue cause by Plugin so you should below mentioned instruction to troubleshoot plugin issue.
    1. First of all you should launch Firefox and click Tools menu if you running Windows XP.
    2. Now you have to click on Add on. It would launch Add On Manager.
    3. Now click on Plugin tab from Add On manager tab. Disable all plugin and see whether it is working or not.
    4. If issue seems to resolve after disabling plugin then I would recommend that you should figure out the pugin which is causing issue.
    5. Once you have find out the culprit then you should update or reinstall your plugin.

Well I am wondering that upgrading of your Firefox corrupted profile of yours. This particular thing happened to me all the time when I supposed to upgrade your Firefox. So I am suggesting that you should reinstall Firefox on your system. You should backup all the book marks if you don’t wanted to loose them.