Thread: Firefox 12 and Windows Live Mail won't run together

Firefox 12 and Windows Live Mail won't run together

Whenever I try to open the Windows live Mail using the Task bar icon in Windows 7 64bit. I have to make double on the Firefox icon several times to get it open. If I previously opened the Firefox before the Launching the Windows Live Mail, I don’t see any problems. But If I open the Live mail first and then I have to close both live mail and messenger in order to open the Firefox. I have configured it has a default browser. Can anyone tell me why it is responding slowly?

Re: Firefox 12 and Windows Live Mail won't run together

I am also using the Windows live mail desktop and whatever links on Email opens in Firefox because I have configured it as default browser. You should check in the properties for "E-mail" on the start menu, perhaps there is a clue in that. I have heard this kind of problem before and this because Microsoft has designed the MSN/Live Messenger to open the content links only in IE. There is no possible way to change this behavior unless there is an option given for It., unless someone knows differently, you're stuck with it. If it's any consolation, at least in Firefox 12 it is possible for you to switch the default "mailto" action to any mail program you wish for, or even POP mail like Yahoo, and so on. (In Tools-Options-Applications.)

If your web links is in Outlook (or other Windows software like msn) do not open in Firefox then it is the default browser, you must:
    • Go to the Windows Registry Editor (Start> Run ... then type regedit)
    • Go to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ http \ shell \ open \ ddeexec \ Application
    • Edit (right click on the name in the right pane and "Edit") for Firefox.

You can open it with Firefox, but if you want to open it from Windows Live Mail I recommend very good software, called StuffPlug, how low you install it. Once installed you will only options and check the option to open all the pages with the default browser. You also need to have Firefox as default browser.

I had the problem and I can solve it. I'm running Firefox 12 with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. It has to do with how Windows opens a link from the e-mail program passes on to the default browser program. This is one way or another to become rotten. To restore the default program you need to reset and you must do so via the Control Panel (at least, the only way it worked for me): Control Panel-> Programs-> set your default programs. Select first a program other than Firefox, IE instance and click "Run this program as default". Try your mail and it works again. Only now it starts on IE. Next, you must first close Firefox! And then Firefox as the default setting (again via Control Panel). It worked for me the first time not because I had Firefox still open.