Thread: Firefox 12 screen appears weird when using other softwares alongside

Firefox 12 screen appears weird when using other softwares alongside

Just now my Firefox 11 prompts me a dialog saying that new update is available. So I have upgraded it and new it is version 12. After this I have changed the skin to very basic like Vista Blue. While using or browsing it with, I have noticed that when I use certain software, for example a FileHippo checker. It checks the system and when it finishes, it switches back to the result screen. At this moment, I notice a momentary weird looking screen before the result screen pops up. It won’t happen all the time but with some software only. I don’t know why it is happening. When I disable the persona and set the default, everything works fine.

Re: Firefox 12 screen appears weird when using other softwares alongside

Can you properly explain what kind of weird screen you see through the Firefox?

Is it really due coming from the Firefox or something else like Windows OS, monitor or other related Graphics?

Is it the user interface of Firefox like Toolbar, menu bar, title bar etc or the Whole browser?

It seems to me like you have loaded some bulky pages with many tabs opened on the Firefox like Flash website or something like that. Due to this, the screen might be lagging much. Make sure that you are not using any third party theme which is makes the browser to act weird. The Firefox always was not compatible with such kind of themes even if they look well and nice.

Did you try starting Firefox in Safe Mode (without extensions or theme)?

Re: Firefox 12 screen appears weird when using other softwares alongside

I have a small problem, when I open the browser, either Firefox or Internet Explorer, the page starts to flicker and I have to close it, or put a video on the big screen and big screen out of the screen starts flashing and strange things do not serve but if I had a long-standing problem of blue screen, and recently was coming down the cpu to 100%. So it reminds me of an encoding problem, especially when asking Firefox to display UTF-16. You can go to the View menu select the character encoding. May be trying to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox: Tools> Options> Advanced, General tab, uncheck the "Use hardware graphics acceleration if available."