Thread: How to set Google search as a Homepage in Firefox 12

How to set Google search as a Homepage in Firefox 12

I have recently downloaded a new Firefox version i.e. Firefox 12 and installed it on my desktop computer. After installation I found out that it replaced my old, reliable and best search engine Google with a new one i.e. “Bing”. I don’t like this search engine and want to get rid of it as soon as possible. I have used Google from past few years now and now I don’t want to change it at any cost and even my computer knowledge is not that well, that I’ll make a change by my own so can someone guide me how to change from Bing to Google search. I want Google Search as my default home page..?

Re: How to set Google search as a Homepage in Firefox 12

Same thing happened to me when I installed Mozilla Firefox 12 on my Desktop PC. First I thought “Bing” is the default home page provided by Firefox and cannot be changed so I used the same for few days but I was very much missing my favorite Google so I searched for solution to set Google as my default home page and trust me it is so damn easy to set your own homepage in Firefox 12. Just the matter of few steps and you will be able to set the Home page you like. There are just three simple steps and you will be able to set your home page:
    • Open the website you want to set your home page(In your case it would be www.google.co.in)
    • Click the Icon to the left of the web address; drag it to the Home Button, and then release.
    • Click yes to set this as you home page.

These three simple steps will help you set your home page.