Thread: Firefox 12 cannot load some websites but other Browsers can

Firefox 12 cannot load some websites but other Browsers can

It seems very silly question to ask for, I am unable to load aa.com and easyjet.com on Firefox but it’s easily getting load on other explorer’s like Chrome & Internet Explorer. Is this the problem of new version of Firefox or what’s exactly the problem is. I have already tried running Firefox in safe mode but nothing seemed to work. Whenever I load the websites of aa.com and easyjet.com only home page gets loaded but no links work in Firefox. I am able to do easy transactions in IE & Chrome. Can anyone explain me why is this happening?
    I am using a desktop computer having Windows 7 as my Operating system.

Re: Firefox 12 cannot load some websites but other Browsers can

I was facing the same problem with the new version of Firefox and was really very much frustrated because of this issue. I was not been able to load Facebook. I was cursing the firefox like anything as installing firefox was such a waste of time for me, so I took help from one of my colleague and truly speaking then I came to know that there was no problem with the browser at all. The main problem actually lied in my Internet security software. It seems that even you are facing the same problem as mine. You’ll be able to load websites until you updated your Browser or you updated your Internet Security Software including firewalls, antivirus programs, anti-spyware programs, and more it prevents Firefox from connecting to the internet. Generally you should keep your Internet Security Software up-to-date and remove Firefox from your programs list of trusted or recognized programs.
    This helped me hope it helps you to…

Hey friend as you said you are facing this problem in only Firefox and not in Internet Explorer and in Chrome there is a solid reason for this drawback of Firefox. Like you even I was wondering why it is only happening with Firefox and not with other browsers so I did a comparison between Firefox and other browsers and noticed one thing that was Firefox by default supports IPv6 which may cause connection problems on certain systems. To Disable IPv6 in Firefox just follow certain steps:

1) In the location bar type about:config and then press “Enter”
    2) This will take you to “This might void your warranty!” Page. Click “I’ll be careful, I promise”.
    3) In the Filter field, type “network.dns.disableIPv6”.
    4) In the first list of preferences, double-click “network.dns.disableIPv6” to set its value to true.
    May be this is the one reason it is happening that you are unable to load aa.com on Firefox.

If you find that Firefox is loading only some of your websites and not all the websites then the first and the foremost thing you should do is clear your Firefox Cookies and cache.

It can be done as follows:
    Tools->Clear Recent History->Time Range to Clear: Select ”Everything” from the Dropdown
    ->Select Cookies and Cache both from the list of Items->Click “Clear Now”

Even after clearing cookies and cache you are unable to load the websites then you should check your computer for Malware. There are certain types of malware that attack Firefox and can prevent it from loading various websites. If you have an Antivirus or Security Program, update its detection database and perform a full scan of your system.