Thread: Firefox 12 not giving option to browse for local file on Windows 7

Firefox 12 not giving option to browse for local file on Windows 7

Hello guys I am using a laptop and a Windows 7 operating system has been installed on it. Recently I upgraded my browser to Firefox 7 and since then I am facing a lots of problem in regards of uploading my pictures from my laptop. Whenever I log in to my Facebook account and want to upload my images I am unable to do it. When I click on upload image option it asks me an option to do it from local machine or Internet. When I choose to do it from local machine and click on Browse, it doesn’t open any window for me to choose the file. I am unable to understand whether it’s my operating system problem or my Firefox browser’s problem so please help me as soon as possible as I am not able to upload any pictures…?

Re: Firefox 12 not giving option to browse for local file on Windows 7

Hi, I would like to suggest you that uninstall the browser and then after restarting try to reinstall it in safe mode even I was facing the same problem some months back when I was using the Firefox 11 browser. Even I am using Windows 7 and I really don’t think that operating system might be causing this problem. I would even like to suggest you that once just check you’re Uploading and Downloading speed it seems silly solution but sometimes even the uploading and downloading speed of data can create the problems. I hope reinstalling of the Firefox Browser will help you as it helped me.

Re: Firefox 12 not giving option to browse for local file on Windows 7

The problem which you’re facing can be a security problem. I had a same problem working in my office environment some days back. I was not able to upload my files on my company’s website and even was not able to upload my images on Facebook. Then after some detailed study and help from my colleagues came to know that it is because of the security precautions of Firefox. Firefox does not allow some site on internet to link to the files that are stored on the local computing environment. These files can be our files, images, network devices and UNC network paths.

To check weather security measure is the source of your problem, you can simply follow these steps:
    1) In Firefox, open the page on which you’re facing the problem.

2) From the top of the Firefox window, select “Tools” and then select “Error Console”

3) Click “Clear”

4) Click “All”

5) Now refresh your problem page.

6) Now check the Error Console, if you see AN Error Console entry similar to the following:
    Security Error: Content at (address) may not load or link to (address)
    If you are facing a security issue in uploading the file then you can easily solve this issue by installing the Add-on called as “Local Link”. The below link will take you directly to the Add-on page of Local Link

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...don/locallink/

1) After installing the Local Link, open the page with problem link

2) Right Click the link

3) In the open menu, choose open