Thread: Cannot use Firefox 12 on multiple desktops

Cannot use Firefox 12 on multiple desktops

Firefox 12 is out now and available to download freely on the official website. The company has revealed that this new version web browser has several more abilities for Windows users. Do you think that it has the ability to use Firefox on multiple desktops? It seems to me that this ability has broken but I am not sure about it. Today morning I have upgraded the Firefox to version 12. Now when I open a profile on another desktop, it will open on a desktop rather than on the current desktop. I am using the Microsoft's Sysinternals 'Desktops' tool. It has worked perfectly during the previous version but I don’t know something have changed to break this function.

Re: Cannot use Firefox 12 on multiple desktops

I assume that you are not using the -no-remote command with the "default" Profile. However in this case, there is not link between the name of the Profiles. If your profile name is recognized as the default Profile, then you will see the Default=1 line under in profiles.ini file. If you are getting problem with Firefox on Multiple desktop, then follow this procedure. Open the Firefox and go to Edit menu>"Preferences". You will see a dialog with different icons horizontally arranged. Click the second icon named "Tabs" and choose "Open new pages in a new window" radio button. Click OK.

Re: Cannot use Firefox 12 on multiple desktops

The Firefox 12 offers several improvements and correction of more than 1800 bugs. Mozilla highlights the move to simplify the update now where the user is not asked. The administration console is enriched with new elements and syntax of a module Advanced preview (3D View Page Inspector). Performance is also revised upwards, they concern the OpenGL renderer and the JavaScript environment. For you problem concern, I couldn’t able to find any solution so far and I don’t think that so far much users got the same problem or not. If it is really a bug or a drawback then I assume that Developer surely bring a quick fix for this.