Thread: Need help in syncing 2 firefox profiles leaving localstore.rdf

Need help in syncing 2 firefox profiles leaving localstore.rdf

I want to syncing 2 Firefox profiles leaving localstore.rdf and the reason behind creating a 2nd profile is for having two "saved window locations" as for the multi-monitor purposes I want them to be the same just leaving the localstore.rdf which is the location where they are opened, I have somehow managed to link the caches in the current setup that I am but then the problem is that I have to change bookmarks twice and I need to have two different histories as well as the saved passwords, I just want to avoid this minor inconveniences by making the profile same leaving the localstore.rdf as it is, I have checked about the same and have found that there are extensions for syncing profiles but then they seems to be quite messy and I don’t want to try out the same and I am willing to try doing it manually, so is there anyone who has a good knowledge about the same and can help me out here??

Re: Need help in syncing 2 firefox profiles leaving localstore.rdf

In that case I just wanted to know that is the Windows location is having the coordinates and size of the Window in which the Firefox view opens, I have not yet worked around with the localstore.rdf but then I have tried out editing the profiles.ini which contains the places.sqlite which is for the bookmarks and history database, if you want to view the cachecontents then I will like to inform you that there are some addons that can help you out with the same, I am really not very sure what you are willing to do but then if you will be using -no-remote and start up a Firefox instance with a specific profile then it will be seeing the same bookmarks as compared to other instance or version of Firefox started with the same profile but then as far as I know a single profile cannot be opened twice by the Firefox simultaneously and it will result in clunky and slow performance, if you want then you can check out some simple DOS batch files which will help you out in modifying commandlines as part of launching Firefox and so, just check out for the same and see if you are having any luck.

Just to explain what I am trying to do, currently I am having 2 firefox shortcuts from which the one is linked to the default profile on the main monitor where as the other is linked to the second profile on the second monitor and these profiles are having saved window location in localstore.rdf because of which each profile gets opened on the monitor that is having the shortcut by default, I have done so because I like playing on the main monitor but then I just want to prevent firefox from opening on the main monitor, if I somehow forget to drag the window over beforehand, as I have said I have somehow managed to link the cache on both profiles so as to prevent space caching and now I am willing to link bookmarks/history/password/etc so as to avoid double-up on changes which I will be doing in specific profile, hope the whole scenario is cleared to you now.

If you want then you can check out SyncToy 2.1, if you are not aware of the same then I will like to inform you that it is a free application for syncing files and folders between locations and sharing files like photos between computers and also creating a backup. Below are the new features and improvements that has been added in the SyncToy 2.1:
    • Dynamic Drive Letter Assignment
    • True Folder Sync
    • Exclusion Filtering Based on Name
    • Unattended Folder Pair Execution
    • Folder Pairs with Shared Endpoints
    • Command line enhancements
    • Re-Architect Sync Engine
    • Sync Encrypted Files
    • Sync engine
    • 64-Bit Support
    • Sub-folder Exclusion Enhancements
    • Folder Pair Metadata

Juts check it out and let me know if you are finding it to be helpful.