Thread: Norton conflicting with Firefox browser protect

Norton conflicting with Firefox browser protect

I am not an expert with computers nor do I understand any technical terms issues. Things I know about my system is with my own will. Recently got a new Firefox Browser Protect, I must say that this product is one of the best one that I have ever used. I never faced any issue or problem or had any related complains with the functioning of this product. I have this product already installed on my other mini laptop and as expected its working great and fine. Believing that it would work the same in my customized desktop computer I installed it into it. but then from past two days I have seen some kind of conflict between this product and Norton internet security 2012 which is installed in the same machine.

The problem is that whenever I check out my Norton internet security 2012 history file I have noticed that this internet security protects or you can say prevents the browser protect from trying to create a registry key. At every 10 to 15 seconds of interval of time the browser protect is trying to create the registry key and as usual Norton blocks it from doing so. I still don’t have any idea why Norton is doing so, why it is not allow browser protect to create the registry key. On my other machine I have both Norton and browser protect installed successfully and also I never faced any problem at the time when the browser protect tried to create the registry key but then why in this new system Norton is behaving so different and specially. I have already tried getting help from Browser protect official forum but seems like nobody is interested in even checking out my thread and providing me with some solution. I am here hoping that at least here I would get some help and I can get my problem resolved as soon as possible in a much safer manner.

Re: Norton conflicting with Firefox browser protect

Now I can surely say that the issue has something to do with the internet security that I have installed into my machine. You won’t believe, I too have the same problem from past 1 month and the issue is still unsolved. I consulted so much people including the browser protect Support center but as you stated they were actually not interested in resolving my problem, in fact they were not even aware of this issue. When I explained them about the problem I am facing they completely ignored the fault and told that there might be some problem with the internet security that I have installed.

From past so many days I was in search of at least one user you might be facing this same problem having the same version of Norton Internet Security 2012 installed in his or her machine but didn’t find even a single person with the exact same issue. Actually the problem was that I didn’t find even a single user using the combination of Norton internet security 2012 and Firefox browser protect. Either they use to have a different internet security or a different browser protect. Maybe due to this reason I didn’t get anyone with the same issue. but now after reading your thread I understood that the problem is surely with Norton Internet security using browser protect. At least I can say that the count has now been incremented by one i.e. you. Hope fully we will get some solution.

Look I am not aware of this issue but after reading out this tread and the posts I decided to suggest you with some possible things. If you are really very much sure that the issue is completely caused due to the Norton internet security that you have installed in your machine why don’t you contact the support center of this product and not the browser protect. Instead of calling up the browser protect care center and hearing that they are no way reason for causing this problem you can directly get some related information about the internet security program that you have.

Do one thing, open a simply visit the Norton forum site and over there first open an account and then ask the same question over there, if the issue is related to the program then surely you might end up getting multiple replies along with some suitable solution and guidance. There are number or Norton experts who are present over there to help the users of Norton. Till now this is the only suggestion or you can say solution I can give you regarding your problem because technically even I am not aware of computer technologies. Hope I helped you in some of the other way.

Until now I have done a I have only been able to do a live update with Norton and let me tell you that all the features of this program are working well and fine without any problem, also the Norton tool bar is functioning quite well. There is no such thing from which I am having any problem or which is showing any kind of unusual behavior. But then I am still unable to understand why exactly the Browser Protect is trying to generate the register key after every 15 seconds, I know that Norton internet security is not allowing the browser protect to create it and therefore it is restricting the browser protect all the time it is attempting to generate the key.

As I already told that I don’t have much knowledge about computer and therefore I am unable to even make out the issue properly. it would be more helpful to me if some present over here provide me with the email address for the Browser protect or contact details is also preferable for me but do provide me with something. Please help me out as soon as possible and do let me know how should I reach browser protect and Norton for sharing my problem with them so that I can let them know about this issue.

First of all let me tell you that if you are facing this problem till now and if you feel that this issue be being much more severe for now then I think you need to open up a support ticket in Norton. You can open the ticket by getting into norton’s official site. If you are not aware of the site then you need not have to worry just CLICK HERE to reach the Norton support and open a support ticket for your issue.

Another thing I would like to tell you is that, if I am not mistaken then I think now Norton has become fully compatible with Firefox especially with Firefox 12. I have read about it. They mentioned that all the Norton toolbar is now very much compatible with Firefox 12. In fact the recently released Internet Security by Norton i.e. 19.7.0.9 has also included a compatibility patch for the version 12 of Firefox which has been recently released. Other than this they have also released a Firefox 12 compatibility patch for the Norton Internet Security 18.7.1.3 and for you information this patch is available through LiveUpdate. If you are running Norton Internet Security 19.7.0.9, then your Norton Toolbar is already compatible with Firefox 12.