Thread: Lost all bookmarks and backup/restore does not work on Firefox 10

Lost all bookmarks and backup/restore does not work on Firefox 10

Hello friends, I have lost all my bookmarks which were there on Firefox 10 and also trying backup/restore method then it is not working for me. Not knowing what is reason behind in; I have not done any upgrades and also have not changed any of add-ons in it. Then also not knowing what problem is. There were plenty of files to choose in restore but none of them is working do not why? It is happening with me from past 2 weeks. I have also tried to import older bookmark file but it was not at all relevant. Really frustrated with this, wanted everything back, so hopping that there will be someone over here that will be able to help me and solve my problem. Thank you.

Re: Lost all bookmarks and backup/restore does not work on Firefox 10

If you are using Windows XP SP3 then Firefox should work on it without any problem. Whereas priorities backup both your present bookmarks and your complete profile which you are having it. Put the backed up profile and bookmarks some place safe not in the Firefox program or profile paths, your XP desktop could be a suitable location. See Backing up and restoring bookmarks, Take care, note restoring bookmarks overwrite and destroys presented bookmarks. Going down your information. Note that the profile ought to hold a folder with backup bookmarks in it. As a first stride attempt Firefox in Safe Mode and handicap any connect-to whilst in safe mode. There is a probability something is interfering with your bookmarks, it is unlikely but worth an attempt. The following stride is to make and utilize a unique profile. Attempt the new profile and see if bookmarks take a shot at that. Since so you are able to then attempt restoring your bookmarks from one of the reinforcement duplicates into the revamped profile. Since that works you might then regard renaming the record places.sqlite and replicating your brand new working places.sqlite into the initial envelope. That might as well permit you to again utilize bookmarks. It is an exceptional brainstorm to normally manually backup your bookmarks, or on the other hand perhaps backs those up to an additional device utilizing synchronize.

Backing up and restoring bookmarks

Backing up your information

I do know that how to backup & restore works and it has not worked for me. So I would like to know that is there any other method to get it working for me. I would also I like to tell that I am not able to save bookmarks at the moment either. When I am trying to work on it then it allows going through process but it not being seen over there. So what to do when it is not been seen.

Backing up and restoring bookmarks: It was worth filing on the off chance that it did work utilizing the bookmarks backup choice. It is likewise something to note for the destiny as having manual auxiliaries might have assisted in the scenario you are now in. Backing up your information: The alternative to backup your bookmarks by moving down your data will well-nigh positively work, and will save more info. It might as well work on the grounds that admitting that it might utilize fast method from Firefox, e.g. to identify the profile area, it is basically utilizing your Operating System; Windows 7; to recognize and find files and organizers then afterward to copy them. Some extra data, your bookmarks database could well be broken. That explains your problem. In the event that it holds basic info there are demanding routines of attempting to concentrate some of that information. There is moreover a simpler method of trying some sort of repair, and there is a more basic method of driving Firefox to take a shot at reproducing it (by renaming the record-safer than erasing it). In the event that you have not even now built your particular auxiliaries, or have not utilized match up to backup to a different device then you are dependent on mechanical alternates that Firefox makes and saved in the profile (that was the explanation behind proposing copying the profile). Attempts at restoration would harm whatever data you have. Erasing the database ought to not be finished without first replicating it (again it lives in the profile) any common bookmarks restores (alternate than HTML imports which append) overwrite i.e. destroy the existing set of bookmarks.

I haven't attempted to fare a bookmarks document after the problem-there shows up nothing there to fare, but I will attempt it now. Just had this computer 4 months and I at first stacked my bookmarks from an exported file from another machine. All's been working for 4 months before this. I haven't manually attempted to recovery alternates-trust I ought not to. In the past it recovers them programmed, intermittently. No, I haven't attempted a profile once back up. Probably I missed that suggestion. Might as well I attempt it? Describe situations met? Fundamentally as I've described-not beyond any doubt what else I would be able to tell. To start with realized there was a problem when I run over to spare a page to bookmarks and was confused as the bookmarks window didn't demonstrate my envelopes. Then run over to open a bookmark and realized they'd vanished completely, & realized that bookmarks weren't safeguarding either (admitting that the final 2 days history appears). When I acknowledged all that, the first thing I attempted was a once again down. Attempted an extent of better days, back 2 weeks or more, when I know it was all working, useless.

Attempt to backup the profile; it is safer assuming that you do that. (At what point I asked about situations met I was talking over your attempts to backup the profile.) You say a sent out index with first bookmarks, have you still got that? (In the event that you have lost all or the majority of your bookmark backup in any event that might be helpful, and would be able to hold the dominant part of your bookmarks)