Thread: 100% of GPU used by Firefox 12

100% of GPU used by Firefox 12

If I have a web page with Firefox watch movies on it, I get huge lag and takes a very long time. If I then go to Task Manager I see that Firefox takes 92% of the CPU, and as I type, 64% used. I know this is not normal, and my PC cannot lie because, it is not the newest, but I've never had before. (It's more of something recently, as facing this after updating it to Firefox 12 and otherwise I would have this with programs like Adobe Photoshop have noticed it, but at this kind of program, everything goes smoothly. I've Googled just to see if I can get a solution, but I could not find a solution that worked for me. I have Firefox 'about: Config watching on the basis of some tutorials, but nothing meaningful came out here. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem, does not really work like this.

Re: 100% of GPU used by Firefox 12

Have a somewhat strange problem. In Task Manager, I will always, although Firefox is not running the process firefox.exe displayed. The result is that when playing the computer lags and freezes frequently. I know it to firefox.exe is because I once had problem-dsa. However, since I had just finished the process and it was good. But its so book now if I finish it will start automatically once the again. When I had uninstalled Firefox (the process was no longer there) suddenly increased my CPU utilization to 100%. The process explorer.exe has a share of up to 99%. Maybe they should for any reason whatsoever, this process can be started. But if there is the process it comes to utilization of an endless loop so to a 100% CPU. You can look in any directory that starts automatically? So for the services it does not appear. Can anyone help? I hope I can solve the problem without dsa computer set up again.

It 'no use: the number of open tabs on my Firefox always increases, since it is much higher than the rate at which I find new things to read than one with which I can dispose of them. I often find myself with 40 or 50 pages and open Firefox first came continually to take the 99-100% CPU, slowing becoming unusable and very PC, so I had to save them (with Session Manager), hoping to lighten the browser and then have the time to concern.
    I figured that the problem could be related to flash animations contained in several pages, but I had no way to block them. Then luckily I found this solution: How to Solve 100% CPU Hogging by Firefox in 2 Steps.

In practice the method consists of two simple steps:
    Disable Java, from the Tools (or, in Linux, Change) -> Preferences -> Content -> Enable Java (but this did not help me much);
    Install the extension FlashBlock, which blocks Flash animations allowing you to start when you want only those that interest you.

The use of Firefox is so much better so terrible, including the operation of the WordPress administration page from which I write.

Solution for this problem is very simple and it engages changing the state of “browser.cache.memory.enable” in Firefox’s “about:config“. You just need to do some following step to solve this kind of issues.

You just need to type “about:config” in Firefox 12 URL.
    Onces the list is of configuration options is opened you just need to type cache in the search bar as seen in the picture. As soon as you press enter all the results with word cache would be seen.
    Now you will find “browser.cache.memory.enable” option just next to it, there would be true, so here you have to just double click that option and it will change to False.
    Now after doing this just restart the browser and your problem is solved.