Thread: Getting error while using "Convert to Adobe PDF" in Internet explorer 9

Getting error while using "Convert to Adobe PDF" in Internet explorer 9

In my Dell studio laptop I have windows 7 operating system and I am using internet explorer 9 browser. Earlier I was able to use Convert to Adobe PDF in internet explorer 9 but suddenly it has started giving me problems. Now whenever I try to use Convert to Adobe PDF function in Internet explorer at that time it throws error. This problem is very frustrating for me. I have open control panel in my laptop and then uninstalled Acrobat from programs and then I have deleted all the temporary files now after that I have restarted my laptop and then i have installed Acrobat again in my laptop. Then have installed Acrobat in my laptop again and after installing Acrobat in my laptop when I opened Internet explorer 9 and tried to use Convert to Adobe PDF function at that time I get error again. What should I do to solve this issue?

re: Getting error while using "Convert to Adobe PDF" in Internet explorer 9

According to me whenever you use Convert to Adobe PDF at that time it uses java, ActiveX and Active scripting and if any of this are not enabled then it can cause problem. you should first make sure that java, ActiveX and Active scripting are enabled. If you don’t know about hot to check this then you have to first open Internet explorer 9 in your laptop and then click on gear icon and then select internet option. After selecting the internet option you have to select security tab and after that click on the button called Custom level and it will open security settings window. Now you have to check whether java, ActiveX and Active scripting are enabled or not?. I hope this trick might be helpful for you to solve this problem.

Re: Getting error while using "Convert to Adobe PDF" in Internet explorer 9

There was same problem occurred with me and then I have come to know that this problem is occurring because script debugging is enabled and I have to disable it. Now after that I have disabled script debugging in internet explorer and then restarted browser and my problem get solved. you should open internet explorer and then open internet options window or you should open start menu and then type internet options in search box and then press enter key. After doing that Internet options window will appear. Now select advanced tab and then you have to look for disable script debugging (Internet explorer) and disable script debugging (Other) options under Browsing section and tick the boxes. Then press OK and close Internet explorer. Now open internet explorer again and then you have to check whether it resolve this issue or not?

Try this steps it might be helpful for you. Whenever you try to copy any document at that time you should select print and then you will see option for your printer and Microsoft XPS Document Writer. Now select Microsoft XPS Document Writer option. After selecting the Microsoft XPS Document Writer you have to click on print button and then you it will ask you to save file you need to select any location and save it. Go to the folder where you have that file and then right click on it and then choose adobe convert option and then your problem will get solved. I was also having same problem and then I have tried many solution reinstalling acrobat does not helped me. I have also changed setting in Internet explorer bit result was same. After that I have tried this solution and then problem get solved.

Thank you for posting solutions. I have enabled uses java, ActiveX and Active scripting from internet explorer and then I have restart the browser but problem still occurs after that. I have also disabled script debugging but then also I get same problem. When I try to save document by selecting the Microsoft XPS Document Writer at that time it get saved properly but when i try to convert saved document at that time nothing happens. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

You have mentioned that even after trying above solution also same problem is occurring and that is why I will suggest you to reset Internet explorer and then your problem might get solved. perform below steps to reset internet explorer.
    • Open internet explorer 9
    • Select internet option by clicking on gear icon.
    • Now go to the advanced tab.
    • Select reset button.
    • Check delete personal setting option.
    • Click on Ok
    • Restart Internet explorer.

I have tried many solutions to fix this problem to fix this issue but problem does not get solved, Resetting internet explorer does not make any difference. Temporary I am using CutePDF. The CutePDF Writer converts with a few mouse clicks, graphics, photos and text documents into PDF format. you can also use PDF Creator application it is also similar to CutePDF. You should also try this.

If resetting internet explorer 9 does not help you to get rid of this problem then you have to remover internet explorer from your system and then you have to install it again and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? Many times reinstalling the internet explorer can solve this type of problems. if you need any more information then let me know.