Thread: I want both the emails and it’s replies to be encrypted.

I want both the emails and it’s replies to be encrypted.

I will not call it an intelligent question. This might sound very basic to the experts out here. But I have no other go, I am used to sending sensitive information via email but these days, I don’t trust the existing security. How do I encrypt the mails we send?

Re: I want both the emails and it’s replies to be encrypted.

I understand your botheration. Security of the data sent these days holds o guarantee to be entirely secured. So, it is a very important and intelligent step to be using encryption as a protection media. For this, you can use Outlook express or any such email client that gives you assistance in S/MIME which provides you with encryption only if you are capable enough to obtain or posses a digital ID which can also be referred as a digital certificate. There are definitely complex procedures for this. But it is almost insensible to spend so much of time, effort and above all money on it. Imagine buying a lock more expensive than the things inside them. It will sound something similar. There are simpler alternate methods of encryption with just a click of button on Outlook.

You are right. The data I’m sending is extremely sensitive and that is for sure.

But yeah, I am not sure if I compare it with the security cost, is it worth. So I want you to please help me with the solution for that. Not just informing with what to do but also telling me how to do it.
    Can you please help out with the steps of the same? I don’t have the basic of ideas about the same.
    The most crude level of encryption would also do for me. Give me a detailed explanation as to how to go ahead with it.

I’ll definitely help you with this. What you’ve got to do is that:

• Go to message
    • On the message tab, go to options
    • Click on the Encrypt Message Contents and Attachments
    • Compose the message and press on the send button

This was a very kind gesture from your end and I don’t want to sound ungrateful by saying that it hardly helped my purpose. I faced an issue where in I could not find the button to encrypt the message only. It was simply not available. I don’t know where the issue lies. Is it my outlook or some settings will fix it? There has to be a fix to this right? Please check the options out and let me know.

No, there’s no issue with your outlook, there’s just a minor problem with your settings which can be easily fixed, just follow the below given steps:
    • Click on the Options which can be spotted on the lower right corner
    • Click on security settings button
    • This will take you to the security properties dialog box
    • From there, select ‘Encrypt message contents and attachments’
    • Click Ok
    • Compose your message and send

The solution looks perfect and simply works for me. I was in all my plans to close this thread when I realized that I have grown greedy and I have developed a brand new wish. I am not greedy, I am rather getting lazy.
    Now, you can understand me, cant you? All I wish is a very small thing. I am tired of following entire procedure you mentioned every time I send message. I would rather like to send the message in a simpler way. i.e. if at all there is a setting where in I can simply keep it a default setting of encrypting all the messages Won’t that be much more easier for me. ?

Human nature! Sorry! :p

Yes yes! I understand! I was expecting this a much earlier though. So, here goes the answer to your question:
    - Go to the tools menu
    - Click on ‘Trust Center’
    - Then click ‘Email Security’
    - Go to, ‘Encrypted email’
    - Select ‘Encrypt Contents and Attachments for outgoing messages’
    - Click Ok twice…
    And here you go, lazyass!