Thread: How to get rid of 203 Non-Authoritative Information (since HTTP/1.1)

How to get rid of 203 Non-Authoritative Information (since HTTP/1.1)

Hi all, I am having some problem while accessing some of the sites. When I search for something on google and then click on results then for some of the links, instead of opening the site it shows me some error with the title as 203 Non-Authoritative Information (since HTTP/1.1). I don’t know that what does this error mean and how can I get rid of this error. If you have some information regarding this then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies for you.

Re: How to get rid of 203 Non-Authoritative Information (since HTTP/1.1)

I would like to tell you that the 203 Non-Authoritative Information (since HTTP/1.1) comes when the request for the server is processed but the information that is to returned is from the another source.

This status information from a server code should be returned instead of 200 when it is not the original server is, but for example a proxy server. The web-browser experiences in this way that the data could be sent successfully, but do not come from the original server and therefore there is no guarantee on their timeliness. So it will be better for you if you can wait for some time and then try with the same URL to see if you are getting the same error again. This is problem with the server side and not from the client side so you cannot do anything for this.

I am not sure about this but you can try by changing the browser and see if you are getting the same. There are many of such error codes that belong to issue with the browsers and so you must confirm this by changing the browser. My recommendation to you is to use Firefox or Opera.

When is the last time you ran the Windows update? If it’s being a long time that you have updated the Windows then it will be good for you if you can run the same. Many of such issues get solved by running the windows update.

Other than this you can also run the PC Cleaner Pro. This program is great for the Windows repair. It will help you to fix any of the Internet Explorer errors, ActiveX errors, Javascript and scripting errors. If you are facing slow performance while browsing then also it will be helpful for you. Try with these two things and see if you are getting the same thing again. If yes then please reply back and we will try to get it solved in some other possible ways.

The 203 status code indicates that the request was received as well as understood and information send back is the response as of the third party instead of the original server. This error is somewhat similar to the 200 status code. The returned meta information within the entity-header is not the ultimate set as accessible as of origin server but it is collected from a local otherwise a third-party copy. This set may be from the subset or the super subset for the actual version. This might be included with the local annotation information for resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopfyt View Post
    This status information from a server code should be returned instead of 200 when it is not the original server is, but for example a proxy server. The web-browser experiences in this way that the data could be sent successfully, but do not come from the original server and therefore there is no guarantee on their timeliness. So it will be better for you if you can wait for some time and then try with the same URL to see if you are getting the same error again. This is problem with the server side and not from the client side so you cannot do anything for this.
    hey this is not the problem with the browser. This is something wrong with the server and I don’t think that changing the server will make any difference.