Thread: Need suggestion on Alignment of Sky Satellite dishes

Need suggestion on Alignment of Sky Satellite dishes

hi guys

I need help the problem is with my Satellite dishes . I am looking for the help on doing the Wok-Fi setup by the Ubiquiti Nanostation Loco mounted on it and I need to know how can I be able to allied it . so what I need to know is what angel should the 60cm sky dish require to be, should it be the horizontal? It is the Standard sky dish along with the offset feedhorn. I need to mount the green laser pointer on it so that I was able to see the pointing. I have looked everywhere for the solution but was not able to find any answer to this. Is there any one here can help me on this issue , sa it been a while I am looking for the solution . I will be really appreciating any afforded

Thanks in advance

Re: Need suggestion on Alignment of Sky Satellite dishes

It is hard to understand what exactly are you looking here can you tell me that you need the angle of the physical dish itself, rather than the altitude angle to Optus D1, because that will be other aspect because of the offset dish design. Also see where you have directed the laser, this is for the reason that the aviation industry as well as the police are taking cockpit laser strikes incredibly serious and that too for the gee reason

Its hard to say as it been some time now that I have seen it but I guess that it will be on the elevation scale on the side that is of the mounting bracket. For getting the horizontal elevation it is necessary that the LNB arm should be point downward. And I am guessing that you are unable to use the normal vertical mounting pole because it is clearly intended to point the dish in the general direction of the sky

I am not sure but the elevation angle for Optus D1 must be 45 degree on the Auckland and some degree less to the south to get horizontal. That why it needed the tip ahead by the similar amount this should do the trick for you .

You might be correct although that will be the angle to the satellite but what about the dish . if the altitude angle is been required here then there are quite a few resources available that can calculate it based on geographical location. Well as far as the Auckland concern , it's nearly 44.5°. what has been asked here is as I think is the physical angle of the dish itself. And that is other thing and required the degree of offset used in sky dishes

Well you are correct that what is asked here is how to get to the horizontal, so in that case the satellite angle that need will be 0 degree . and that is about 45 degrees like I said before and incase dish which is aligned to D1 then push it little down by 45 degrees. As the poster need to aim it to the point that is above the ground level . in case it has the elevation scale then this is no need of offset, all you need to do is set it to the zero . if it do not have the usable scale then the workout from the start point being at first set for an elevation angle of on 45 degrees. To make it horizontal

The Horizontal thing is right . actually I am also planning to mount the wifi adapter in it and pointing it at 150m away, at the moment . the adapter is heavily fluctuating signal strength, so I guess it will going to improve with the disc . it is an Ubiquiti Nanostation Loco thus previously intended for point to point links. I really want to the dish enhances this if allied properly. The dish is a not the same one and is latest however I’m using it for reference. It doesn't look as if to have a zero. So it look as if i require to set it to 20, then angle it a additional 20 degrees on the pole?

What I suggest that take the builders level and put on the dish. Just don’t care about the offset aspect. Now do this
    1. Get the face level and join the WIFI on where LNB was on the arm
    2. Now get it working and after that tweak from there
    3. Look for the satellite

Horizontal can be working in case the both the broadcast and receive components set on the similar height 150m apart. May be you need to have tweak it anyway so you start with the level then go from there

Like to tell you that both is on the same height, the roof as well as the house . I guess I have to look for the protractor or see if I am able to get the mount set to 0 by mounting the pole at 20 degrees. Is there any way to know correct angle for the actual face of the dish at horizontal. After that mount a laser level. Don’t have to concern about the aircraft of any sort. Just raise on of this thing up to the sky .

Well I suggest you to mount to transmitter on the dish, all you have to do download WiFi Analyzer on your smart phone and just stand on the receiver end of the Smartphone while tell someone to tilt the dish for the good signal?