Thread: Too many cookies are getting collected in Internet Explorer 8 that cant be deleted as well

Too many cookies are getting collected in Internet Explorer 8 that cant be deleted as well

Hello,

I have a pc with Windows 7 Ultimate and I am using Internet Explorer 8 on it. I have recently noticed that too many cookies are getting collected on my pc and whenever I try to delete them they refuse to get deleted. I have checked and found almost 60 cookies that are still visible even after deleting it. I was wondering if this could be harmful virus that may destroy my computer, but antivirus shows nothing? Can anyone tell me how do i delete this annoying cookies from internet explorer 8. Thank you

Re: Too many cookies are getting collected in Internet Explorer 8 that cant be deleted as well

I think that it could be a virus or a malware on your pc that is not getting deleted and hence I would recommend you to scan your pc with MalwareBytes Antimalware software. It might be that the Internet Explorer is malfunctioning due to the virus or the malware, which is not letting IE to delete cookies. Scan your pc thoroughly with MalwareBytes and check if the problem gets solved.

Re: Too many cookies are getting collected in Internet Explorer 8 that cant be deleted as well

I would recommend you to first boot your pc in safe mode and then try to delete the cookies from the computer. You see, safe mode is basically a diagnostic mode that runs minimal set of services and drivers. Also you will need to close all the applications that are using this cookies in your computer. Hope that this solves your issue.

You can even try to run Malicious Software Removal Tool provided by mircosoft. The Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool checks computers running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003 for infections by specific, prevalent malicious software—including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom—and helps remove any infection found. Download the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool from here.