Thread: Getting ‘Do you wish to install the addon..’ message while opening a pdf file in Internet Explorer 9?

Getting ‘Do you wish to install the addon..’ message while opening a pdf file in Internet Explorer 9?

Ever since I have installed this IE9 in my pc and whenever I open a pdf file in it I get a message saying Do you wish to install the addon from Zeon Corporation? Now if I don’t want to install it then it closes the browser, strange isn’t it? Anyways what’s the workaround for this? can anyone of you all tell me something then it would be of great help for me. See I am a big fan of internet explorer but if I continue to get such problem then it would be a big hurdle for me. I will think of changing to different browser.

Re: Getting ‘Do you wish to install the addon..’ message while opening a pdf file in Internet Explorer 9?

This case usually happens when you have more than one pdf file readers in the system so the only workaround for you is to disable all of them and use only the adobe pdf reader. That’s what you should do.

Re: Getting ‘Do you wish to install the addon..’ message while opening a pdf file in Internet Explorer 9?

Ok might be a possibility but how to disable all of them and use only adobe for the pdf file format? Can you please tell me.

Ok finbe here are the steps for you do follow them and do let me know if it has worked for you or not.

1) First of all open up the internet explorer. Click on the tools.
    2) Inside tools click on manage add ons option.
    3) Under show click on all add-ons.
    4) Now you will be getting to see all the possible add ons that are there in the browser. Select the add on which you want to use and click on enable. Now for those which you don’t want click on disable.
    5) Once done click on close.

I hope this step does works for you.

I haven’t heard of the add ons from the Zeon Corporation and from when have they started producing pdf readers. Good that you made me understand about the same. otherwise I would be stuck with this problem.