Thread: Internet explorer 9 not able to Import favorite files from other browsers

Internet explorer 9 not able to Import favorite files from other browsers

i was making use of widows default browser internet explorer 9 beta and my current version is windows 7. However, in the previous version and in some other browsers I didn’t had any issues with importing my favorites folder from another browser, but however , I am not able to do it in my current browser. So finally , I am having some issues with my browser as whenever I am trying to import my favorites folder from another browser, I am not able to find Import on IE 9 anywhere. So can you make some suggestions regarding the same.

Re: Internet explorer 9 not able to Import favorite files from other browsers

You can have a glance under this topic. You will be having simple solution for this.
    Under Internet Explorer: you need to select a File and then you need to click on Import and Export and simply you need also to Import from File and select the file you wish to import (.json and .html together appear to work in Internet Explorer 9)

As I also had some similar issues with this regard, I made some handful attempts on my side.
    • I have opened the Favorites Folder File which was placed at the top folder level meaning you will able to observe a bunch of folders after you have clicked on the top favorites folder. Additionally , you will be able to see that these sub folders will have multiple .html / .url links which have the actual website favorites.
    • You need to open the Favorites segment of the Internet Explorer and keep it prepared.
    • Secondly, you need to draw all the Favorites Folders plus drop them in the Open Favorites segment of the Internet Explorer which you have open.
    • This will tend to transport all the favorites the way you had them in the past with folders, sub folders, anything it was. So I think that this option will work in your case.

There are some people who say that you should make use of Internet Explorer 8 if you wish to import the favorites, but subsequently besides the favorites icon there is a arrow, but at the time of placing my cursor on it denotes the following:
    Open favorites in a tab bar (by pressing CTRL with Enter). as a result can anyone tell me how to import my favorites folder into Internet Explorer 9 and the easiest way of doing that.

Hey friends , you can try this one if you are not getting at all. As you are concerned with Internet Explorer 9 and if your menu bar isn't showing that is .[file edit favorites tools help].then you need to right click at anyplace in the bar at the top of Internet Explorer 9 and click "menu bar") after you have clicked on the file on the menu bar. You will be able to see there is an "import and export” and then you need to click it furthermore follow the normal process for browsing to the file along with finally click ok.

I will give some suitable answers if you are concerned with how to transfer bookmarks from Mozilla Firefox to Internet Explorer 9 browser. I will provide you some steps in this case.
    1. In Internet Explorer 9, you need to click on the Import and export on the File menu. If you are not able to see the File menu, you can press ALT.
    2. You need to make a selection for the Import from another browser, and then click Next.
    3. You will observe a list of the browsers that are installed on your system . choose the browser from which you desire to import favorites, and subsequently you need to click Import.
    4. following the favorites are imported, you need to click Finish to shut the window.
    5. And finally click finish.

Hey guys , I have some other option in which you are able to import favorites manually , so the process here is also simple.
    If you desire to move simply definite favorites from Firefox, you are able to transfer the links manually. Follow the below mentioned steps to do that .
    1. In Firefox, you need to click on the Bookmarks present on the menu bar, and subsequently click Organize Bookmarks.
    2. You will tend to appear In the Library dialog box, a Export HTML icon and you need to click it and that too on the Import and Backup drop-down list.
    3. All you need to do is save the bookmarks.html file to any place on your system .
    4. Close Firefox, and after that begin with the Internet Explorer 9.
    5. In Internet Explorer 9, you need to click Open on the File menu. If you are not able to see the File menu, you can press ALT.
    6. Click Browse, and subsequently place the folder to which you saved the bookmarks.html file.
    7. choose the bookmarks.html file followed by clicking Open.
    8. You will tend to see a Open dialog box, click OK.
    9. The file is straight away opened as well as includes a blue underlined link list. To comprise one of these links as a favorite, you need to right-click the entry, in addition to this click Add to favorites.
    10. choose a folder, followed by clicking Add. Repeat steps 9 as well as 10 for all the bookmarks that you wish to move.

I am also having same issue. i have also tried with this issue and in my case it has came that this simply works for importing one single individual bookmark file, individually. I have a lot of hundreds of bookmarks accumulated in a tree of directories (C:\Favorites\) and require it to append all of those. Rae you guys knowing some means to do this? So can you assist in my case.

I will add some more information in this topic as I am having some idea regarding this. Alt-F-I brings up the menu to start the import, but the procedure does not permit for simply browsing to the path. It will tend to give you an error, and will tend to ask for an actual filename, while we wish for it to import all the HTML files under a 'Favorites' path. It as well defaults the filename to 'Bookmarks', which is unsuitable for Internet Explorer favorites.

Hey friends , you can try this one if you are not getting at all. As you are concerned with Internet Explorer 9 and if your menu bar isn't showing that is .[file edit favorites tools help].then you need to right click at anyplace in the bar at the top of Internet Explorer 9 and click "menu bar") after you have clicked on the file on the menu bar. You will be able to see there is an "import and export” and then you need to click it furthermore follow the normal process for browsing to the file along with finally click ok.
    Thanks for those replies. I have solved this issue and was able to solve that as I am now able to import to Import favorite files from other browsers. This solution really worked.