Thread: View downloads / Ctrl+J is not working out in internet explorer 9

View downloads / Ctrl+J is not working out in internet explorer 9

I have recently installed Windows 7 64 bit version and I am having internet explorer 9 in my case and the problem that I am facing is that the View downloads / Ctrl+J shortcut is not working but then the saver function is just working fine, I am not able to track out the possible cause of it, is there anyone who can help me out in solving this issue???

Re: View downloads / Ctrl+J is not working out in internet explorer 9

I have recently installed Windows 7 64 bit version and I am having internet explorer 9 in my case and the problem that I am facing is that the View downloads / Ctrl+J shortcut is not working but then the saver function is just working fine, I am not able to track out the possible cause of it, is there anyone who can help me out in solving this issue???
    I just wanted to know if have you tried out the sfc /scannow command, if not then try out the same and then see if it is making any difference or not, other than this also let me know the solutions that you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same, first just try out the sfc /scannow command and then post back the result that you get.

I have tried out the sfc /scannow command but then it did not made any difference and other than this I have tried out reinstalling the internet explorer 9 but then it did not helped as well, it appears as if the system file has got corrupted but then I am not so sure about the same, is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of this issue???

There are possibilities that you might be having a corrupted Download History list and in order to fix the same just try out the below solution:
    • First open the Internet Explorer and then just Press Ctrl + Shift + Del and then just uncheck all the boxes that are shown in the window and make sure that you are Check marking the Download History box and then click on delete.
    • When the process gets over then open the Internet Explorer and see if the same function Is working or not.

Just try out the same and then let me know if it is helping.

Thanks for that but then I have tried out the solution that you have mentioned and it is not making any difference, is there any other effective solution that can help, I really want to solve it out somehow but then I am running out of ideas now, is there anyone who can help??? Any further help for this will be highly appreciated.

If the above solution does not work for you than you can try out creating a new user profile as there are chances that your current user profile might have got corrupted and so, I am not very sure about the same but then you can at least give it a try. Just go through the below guide and it will help you with troubleshooting and creating a new account by which you can perform the test again.
    Fix a corrupted user profile
    Try out the same and then post back with the result at you get.