Thread: How to change default video playing option in internet explorer in windows 7

How to change default video playing option in internet explorer in windows 7

In my system I have windows 7. When I installed internet explorer 9 beta the mp4 file that I downloaded through RSS plays in QuickTime player when I tried to click the link but before that I was able to play in windows media player. In windows media player I was able to see them play in full screen but basically now they play in fixed rate and when I tried to enlarge the video the menu disappear but the video remain the same. When I turned the QuickTime plug in off they appears in red X. The main thing is that my default browser for .mp4 is media player and when I play from directory it plays in windows media player. Can help?

Re: How to change default video playing option in internet explorer in windows 7

For the solution first go to internet explorer 9. In internet explorer check out for the tools . then select the tools then click on internet options. There you have to select the programs tab. Then check the internet net explorer for the default browser. Then follow these step go to start then program after that accessories then entertainment there you will find windows media player. After opening it then click on the tools then options in options click on the files types tab which will occur in the option part and state the format by checking the mp4 format.

Re: How to change default video playing option in internet explorer in windows 7

I to have these problem but I have removed QuickTime from my control panel then deleted it the video is now playing in windows media player. The other thing you can try is to update your windows media player to new version of media player that is windows media player12 it worked at my time.