Thread: Scrolling is slow and jerky in internet explorer 9

Scrolling is slow and jerky in internet explorer 9

In my computer I have windows 7 operating system and I was using internet explorer 8 and recently I have upgrade the browser to internet explorer 9. New version is very nice and attractive but in IE 9 scrolling is very slow and jerky. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Scrolling is slow and jerky in internet explorer 9

According to me you should check whether “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering” option is selected in the internet explorer or not? If it is not selected then you have to select it first and then you have to chck whether same problem is coming or not?

If you don’t know from where to select “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering” option in internet explorer then you have to first open internet explorer and then you have to click on Tools. Now after that you have to click on the internet option. Now select advance tab option anjd after selecting the advance tab option you have to look for the Accelerated graphics. Under that will see “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering” option. You have to select that option and then click on OK. After that restart internet explorer. I hope this will fix your problem.

I was also having same problem with IE 9 and then I have first tried thought smooth scrolling option is causing this problem and I turned off that but that does not help me. Now I have also make sure that graphic driver is up to date. After that I came to know that I have to select Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering option and I selected that and after that when I restart browser at that time I didn’t get any issue. You can also try this trick.

I really appreciate your help. After reading your solution have selected the “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering” option and when I restart IE9 at that time scrolling was not slow. Many times internet explorer 9 freezes which is very irrigating. I have cleared cache and cookies but that does not help me to fix this. How to fix this problem?

According to me you should try to solve this problem by resetting the internet explorer and after resetting the internet explorer you will not face this problem. I hope resetting internet explorer will solve this problem. if you need any more help then let me know.

To reset internet explorer 9 follow this steps.

• Open internet explorer 9
    • Go to Tools menu.
    • Select advance tab.
    • Click on the reset

After doing that your problem might get solved.