Thread: How to disable Extension Compatibility check in Sunbird.

How to disable Extension Compatibility check in Sunbird.

I recently updated to Sunbird 0.9. I tried minimizing it to tray, but it failed. So I downloaded an extension for it to minimize, but when trying to install it says not compatible. I tried working with the configuration of sunbird, but it too didn’t help. Can somebody suggest me some solution to the problem?

re: How to disable Extension Compatibility check in Sunbird.

You can try using an extension by name Add-on Compatibility reporter. With this extension you can directly send report about versions of Mozilla products and its add-ons directly to Mozilla. As mentioned in your query, you are getting error about your sunbird being incompatible with its add-on, using this extension you can send report to Mozilla. They will send you feedback about fixes and solutions regarding your problems.

Using Add-on Compatibility reporter, if your sunbird mentions any add-on as incompatible even though it is compatible with your version then it should be reported. This add-on automatically detects the compatibility problems and reports. When a report is sent, the team of engineers work on that problem and see to it that this problem doesn’t occur in future versions of the product.

You can also try an extension by name Disable add-on Compatibility check. Using this add-on you can completely disable the compatibility checking in the software. It actually configures the extensions.checkCompatibility preference to false. You can set compatibility check for different add-on. For example, add-on A will be checked for version compatibility while add-on B won’t be checked. You can enable the checking of version by disabling this extension.

There is an another extension by name Minimize to Tray plus. With this extension, you will be able to minimize any Mozilla product and set it into quick launch bar in Windows. You can also start the application to which it is installed on computer’s startup. If any other application is working in co-ordination with Mozilla product, it will restore it when required. It provides options to edit the behavior of software when minimized. It is available in 25 languages.