Thread: In Mac OS 10.6.8, Safari Browser not working properly after upgrading to version 5.1

In Mac OS 10.6.8, Safari Browser not working properly after upgrading to version 5.1

I recently upgraded my Safari browser to version 5.1. I am using Mac OS version 10.6.8. After update, the mouse scroll seems jerky. When typing in text area, the text lags and so does text selection works slowly. Even the page loading seems snappy. Does anybody know why it is happening?

re: In Mac OS 10.6.8, Safari Browser not working properly after upgrading to version 5.1

If Safari 5.1 is not compatible with your system then you can downgrade it to the previous version which you used. All you have to do is uninstall the current version and install the previous version. This won’t affect any other part of your OS. You will only lose the bookmarks, history and your preferences.

re: In Mac OS 10.6.8, Safari Browser not working properly after upgrading to version 5.1

Disabling add-ons and extension might solve the problem. I had add-ons installed to block the pop-up ads. Also, integrating your browser with toolbars or notifications from other websites and online games slows down the working of browser. If this is the issue than it is confirmed that Safari 5.1 is not compatible with the version of Flash you use. You can also try updating flash to solve the problem.

Another solution to solve this problem is to stop multi-processing windows in debug menu. To get the debug menu of Safari, use the following line,
    defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeInternalDebugMenu 1
    Now restart Safari and in Debug menu uncheck the Multi-processing window. Again after this is done, hide the debug window by using the following code,
    defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeInternalDebugMenu 0

The problems mentioned also affect my Safari. But they are solved once I restart the browser. One can restart the browser if working on less number of tabs. If working on high number of tabs, restarting will create more problems that there were before as every tab will try to start at once.

In my case, such problem occurs when access apple mail. Whenever I access Apple mail, the browser consumes 1 GB of RAM. To slow down more than it is the RSS feed comes into action. So I think many websites are not compatible with Safari 5.1

Safari has a problem of memory leak problem. The amount of RAM it takes for opening a page is not returned back to the browser. The browser keeps the memory space to itself. One can use memory optimizing softwares to manage the memory leaks. These softwares can also be used to restrict browser to a specific amount of memory space.