Thread: Problem reports of Safari crash won’t be sent to Apple.

Problem reports of Safari crash won’t be sent to Apple.

I am using Safari on my Mac book pro. While I was working on it, Safari just crashed unexpectedly. When I tried sending the error report to Apple, it couldn’t send even though my internet was properly working. How do I send Apple the error report? Also, what can be the reason for the crash?

Re: Problem reports of Safari crash won’t be sent to Apple.

For sending an error report to Apple, you need to have an account on Apple’s website. For better response, it is recommended that you sign up in Apple and send your error report on their website. It goes into the database of Apple and their engineers work on your problem. You can also provide details like bug ID or error code. The engineers contact its customer to get knowledge of extra details of their system if required.

You can also upload the file that is creating problem in your system. The file must be of size less than 100 mb. Once you send your error /bug report and you need to update them with some extra details, you can add it in comments or attach an additional file to your report. You can also send your bug report via iPhone or iPad.

The Safari must be crashing in your system because of the unsupported third party add-ons that you must have installed. The third party softwares which usually change the appearance of the browser lead to crashing of Safari. Usually these unsupported third party add-ons slow down your browser, consume more than required resources, do not let upload or download of data or completely crash the browser.

You need to remove the unsupported third party browser to stop Safari from crashing. You can uninstall it altogether from add-on installer. Or you can also manually uninstall every single add-on. The installed unsupported third party add-ons can be found at one of these locations,
    • /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/
    • /Library/Input Methods/
    • /Library/InputManagers/
    • /Library/ScriptingAdditions
    • ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/
    • ~/Library/Input Methods/
    • ~/Library/InputManagers/
    • ~/Library/ScriptingAdditions

When removing these add-ons, never put them in trash. Though uninstalled, they are many times integrated with the core files of Mac. Deleting them might cause loss of stability of your system. Even if you need to move them in trash, do not remove them from trash, after you find out the add-on that was crashing your Safari put back the others where they were before.

you can find more details about the crash in your system from crash.log from ~/Library/Logs. For crash report related t Safari, include following details. It will be helpful foe engineers to work with it.
    1) The message that appeared on the screen, save it in a text file.
    2) If the error is related to any file or module of Safari, include its location.
    3) Send the raw message source format from pop-up menu.