Thread: Safari unable to work with USPS Click-n-Ship Label Printing

Safari unable to work with USPS Click-n-Ship Label Printing

I have been using Safari browser for a long time. I use it to create postage labels from USPS Click-n-ship. The labels would be generated and I could download them to my system. Since I updated my Safari browser to version 5.1.2, the labels that are generated can’t be downloaded to system or can’t be printed. The website which creates labels shows that printable labels have been downloaded to my system. Did someone else have this same problem?

Re: Safari unable to work with USPS Click-n-Ship Label Printing

I too encountered the same problem. I think that PDF handling is creating the problem. Safari 5.1.2 is lacking the Adobe reader add-on. Due to this Safari fails to convert online data into PDF format. The file that USPS generates is com.usps.cns.web.pdf.LabelGenerationServlet. To avoid this problem, I used Mozilla Firefox. It works fine with USPS services. It lets us preview and download the pdf file.

I too tried printing USPS labels yesterday using payment through PayPal. PayPal allows user to print the label directly. But using Safari I wasn’t able to do it. I enquired about it on service centre of USPS. They said that, their system is not compatible with newer versions of Safari. The reason for this move was that very less people with Mac used the service. I used Google Chrome to do the same and it worked. Google Chrome does not need Adobe Reader to read PDF files.

There’s a plug-in by name Schubert| it for Safari which reads the PDF format. It integrates with Safari on Mac and provides option to view and download PDF files. It uses Quartz technology which preserves the quality of a PDF document. It allows faster access to a PDF file than previous version Safari used to have.
    It has all the basic functionality of a PDF viewer.

I deleted the PDF browser plug-in from my system, and it started working like older versions again. You just have to go to Library/Internet Plug-ins. Move PDF browser plug-in into thrash. Restart Safari. This solution might help, it worked for me.