Thread: Trusteer's Rapport Software in safari

Trusteer's Rapport Software in safari

I am making sue of safari browser and there were no issues in my concern. However I have some doubt which I think you all guys will help me. So I recently came with a Bank of Montreal online banking has a pop-up window which was offering a free download of Rapport which it denoted will defend me from online scam along with identity theft. So can you help in providing some information about the same. As I download only those applications on my imac which I am perfect about and don’t take any risks. Can you give some solutions in this case.

Re: Trusteer's Rapport Software in safari

To start with , I had made an installation of the Rapport when I changed bank here in the Rep. at the time of I started having issues I finally narrowed it down to Rapport. I verified the Trusteer's website and noticed the edition offered by my bank was way outdated so I downloaded the updater and made attempts again. unluckily, and made some changes in the System Preferences and there were no issues at all.

I want to inquire in this case regarding this issue.
    1. Does it occur at the time of conducting definite operations on Safari? (that is opening, closing, etc)
    2. Are there definite sites where it takes place?
    3. Does it takes place in a while after the PC starts? Does it happens one more time ?
    4. I want to inquire as does it ever occur when there's simply one Safari tab/window opened or not?
    5. at the time of starting safari, what's the home page the browser attempts to attain?

As I also don’t trust any such programs moreover, it was my mistake that I downloaded Trusteer's Rapport after it was suggested by Bank of America Online Banking. currently Safari keeps closing down plus giving me the error message "Safari has quit unexpectedly". I just got home along with again the same issue "Safari quit unexpectedly". It takes place particularly when I close a window. I quickly UNinstalled Trusteer's Rapport and my problems were solved . I dint expected that it was an easy job.

According to me , I believe I effectively uninstalled Rapport. I started the download once more and this time when it supposed to install/uninstall - I just made an uninstallation. As result my mac is running smoothly and there are no issues at all.

You will be having your issue solved as I also had this problem, and I would recommend you downloading Rapport once more. You can download the most recent rapport and , just locate your Bank . and I need to tell you that rapport works flawlessly with all versions of Safari on top of OS X Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard, on both PPC in addition to Intel macs. Hope this reply gives you some information about that program.

I need to tell you that there are still some people who pose this problem. And the reason behind this is that they miss some important steps to perform. So I would add in this case that you need to reboot your computer after the installation completes as people generally try with some great efforts and don’t apply this settings. I also had the installation made and the issues was still persisting. But when I turned my pc on after some time, I don’t came across such a issue later. If the problem persists, rely for the same.

I found that there were some (&%#^ things which came across me relating to it and after finding out from sources, it came to my notice that you should reinstall the (&%#^ thing another time, and then in the Install folder and afterward find the UNINSTALLER, and then appropriately uninstall it. things might be sorted for you.

I experienced the rapport software and the uninstaller did precisely what it should do.Check with Find any File and then search for Rapport or brooks or else akl_driver.kext - run FaF as root (you need to just hold alternative as you click 'Find All') and it will locate any files with that in the name.If you have downloaded the file or dmg in a folder it will not have any issues at all.

I made an uninstallation of the Rapport. It had so deeply fixed itself crossways the directories, I made a decision to search out every previous resource, plugin file, plist, etc., as well as trash them all, a process which itself took some good time to complete, and previous to this I was rid of the infection Rapport as it had completely corrupted my mac version. So can you guys find some solution regarding this.

I had a similar issue as I was not able to delete rest of the files that have been left on my Mac, and after finding from sources , I have tried by making use of the "Find" and/or Spotlight and then making search for more Rapport or Trusteer files.