Thread: How to get missing address bar on Safari?

How to get missing address bar on Safari?

as the title of the thread is saying what I wanted to ask you over here. I am using Safari from past couple of days. In today morning I launched the browser and found that there was no address bar. However I was able to get the same by clicking the Menu bar. The only remedy which I was aware of that I need to open another tab from the shortcut. However when I launched the new window I was not able to get address bar on the browser.

Re: How to get missing address bar on Safari?

I am suspecting that you have hidden the toolbar on your browser. You should click on Show Toolbar button from the view menu.

Looking at the matter I am suggesting something really interesting which will help you to resolve the issue.
    • Launch Safari and click on Preferences and after that you have to select Extensions.
    • If you have installed any of them then disable the same and relaunch the safari.
    • In case you have not installed any extension on your system then move back to Safari and click on Preferences and click on Security tab.
    • Now uncheck Enable plug-ins and launch the browser.
    • See whether it is making any difference in the situation then there was third party addon which can cause the issue.

If any of the above mentioned solution is not working then you should try the below mentioned steps.
    1. Close Safari in case it is already opened.
    2. Now launch Finder window and choose Home Folder from the Sidebar. It would have small house icon.
    3. You have to go for Library folder and select Preferences folder.
    4. You should simply move the com.apple.Safari.plist on desktop to the Preferences folder.

If you are able to solve the issue then you should move .plist file to Trash. If not then place the same at Preferences folder.

There could be an issue with the user account which you are having on your computer. so I think there is need of test the situation by creating a new account.
    Click on System Preferences and click on system and go for Accounts.

Here you have to click on create a new account.

After creating new account you have not seen any problem then you should use the new account and remove the older one. Also transfer all the important files from older account to new user account.

Well I am suspecting that there is a bug issue with the browser and all the users who are facing the issue should contact the apple and file a bug report to them.