Thread: "Block cookies" preferences changing automatically in safari

"Block cookies" preferences changing automatically in safari

Hi friends I have recently upgrade safari browser in my computer and after upgrading the browser I am facing problem. I have set block cookies to always and after browsing some websites it changes to never. I don’t know what is wrong the browser but this problem is frustrating for me. How to solve this problem?

Re: "Block cookies" preferences changing automatically in safari

First thing I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by resetting the Safari browser in your computer and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? I am telling this because many times by resetting the browser also this type of problem can get solved.

If you want to reset the safari browser in your computer then you have to first open safari browser and after that you have to click on Safari button and from the safari menu you have to click on reset safari option. Now after that you have to check all the boxes and then click on Ok and after that you have to restart Safari browser and after restarting the browser your problem will get solved. I am suggesting you this because I am also using safari browser and I was also facing same problem and then I have reset the browser and after resetting the browser my problem get solved.

Well according to me by resetting the safari browser this problem does not get solved and that is why I would like to tell you that you should do hard reset of the Safari browser and after that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not? As far as I know after doing hard reset of the Safari browser your problem will get solved. If you want any more help then let me know.

To do hard reset In your Safari browser you have to follow this steps.
    • First go to the ~/Library/Preferences
    • You have to delete the file which start s with the com.apple.Safari.
    • After that you have to go to the ~/Library/Cookies.
    • Now remove all the files from this folder.
    • After that you have to go to the ~/Library/Safari.
    • Delete all the files from here also.

After performing the above steps you have to start safari browser again and then check whether you are facing same problem or not?

I have reset Safari browser in my computer but after resetting the Safari browser also I was having same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by doing hard reset but that does not make any difference. Now please let me know what should I do to solve this problem?

I have searched on the internet about this problem and I have come to know that many users are facing similar problem with the Safari 5.1 browser and may be in next update of the browser problem will get solved. I hope this information will be helpful for you.