Thread: Safari opens at startup

Safari opens at startup

I am using MacBook Air and I have MAC OSX Lion 10.7.2 installed in my MacBook Air and it has recently started giving me problem. Now whenever I start my MacBook Air at that time Safari browser opens aromatically. What should I do to get rid of this problem?

Re: Safari opens at startup

You have to first check Safari browser is not selected in the login items. If Safari browser is added in the login items then you have to remove it first and after removing the Safari browser from login items you have to check whether it makes any difference or not?

If you want to remove Safari from login items then follow this steps.

• First you have to open system preference.
    • After that you have to go to the view menu.
    • After clicking on the view menu you have to select accounts.
    • After that you have to click on login items tab.
    • Now remove safari browser.

After doing that your problem will get solved.

You should make sure that “Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps” option is not selected. If this option is selected then you have to uncheck that option and then your problem might get solved. May be this solution will be helpful for you.

Yes I totally agree with the above solution. You have to go to the system preferences in and then select general option. Now after selecting the General option you have to uncheck restore windows option and after that you your problem will get solved. I hope this solution will be helpful for you?

I have checked login items in my MacBook Air and safari was not there. Now after that I have also uncheck the “Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps” option but after doing that also problem does not get solved. Now after that I have also try to search solution on the internet but I didn’t get any help. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Well I don’t know whether this solution applies in your case or not but there was same problem occurred with me and after having some workaround I came to know that Quicksilver was causing this problem and after that I have opened Quicksilver and then disabled Safari plug-in and then my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution.

If after trying above solution also if you are experiencing the same problem then you have to also try to solve this problem by resetting the Safari browser and after resetting the Safari browser your problem will get solved. Try this trick and then let me know what the result is.