Thread: In Internet Explorer 9 youtube stopped working.

In Internet Explorer 9 youtube stopped working.

I am not making use of another browser and continuing with my internet explorer. It was working very well but when I was intending to play one video , it refused to play. I just observe that there is a little dot circling in the middle . I don’t have any issues with the firefox as I am able to play videos but not in my internet explorer 9. As I want to continue with internet explorer, I wanted to knew the issues relating it.

re: In Internet Explorer 9 youtube stopped working.

As this is a common problem in most of the browsers and as many are concerned that they are not able to play any youtube video, I need to tell you that there is a need of latest flash player to enable it. you can get that easily available on net.

Thanks for your reply but I was having some issues in the beginning as I was unable to find the flash player and after some discussion with my friend, I found that it was available on flash site. So I founded that one and made a installation, but the issue continues.

I need to say that if you are having any issues with your youtube video player and if any videos are not tending to play in your browser, you need to check the version of your IE9. So which version of IE9 are you making use of ? is it the 64 version. You should also see to it that resetting IE to defaults makes any difference?

I need to provide with an useful information which will help you in your case. So adding to the topic, Flash 64-bit is out (since Flash 11) and is included in the Flash plug-in installer. As well as If the setup detects that you are making use of a 64-bit OS, it will tend to install both.In my case YouTube works well as I am also making use of IE9 (Windows fully updated (just checked)).

I am of the opinion that if you are making use of installing any Flash blocker, or ad blocker add-on or toolbar your issue might get solved. I would further recommend to uninstall all your toolbars (if any), and in IE9, click on the Gear icon, and you need to make a selection on the pop-up menu, "Manage add-on", and also make certain that you have: Flash enabled, as well as you don't have something that appears similar to a blocker add-on.

Hello guys, a similar issue has occurred in my case and after trying your above solutions, but didn’t work . I have then tried with uninstalling flash, uninstalled IE9, and then I also reinstalled IE9 and downloaded and reinstalled flash11 by means of Internet Explorer 9. There is no change still . It shows flash 10 in add ons as well as youtube is random in what it won’t to play while it plays in Mozilla Firefox .

I have founded from some sources that you need to clear the browser cache. And for your current browser internet explorer 9 you need to make some settings.
    * you need to go in Tools and then in Internet Options and then in Browsing History , you need to delete
    * make a selection of everything except 'Preserve Favorites website data' and then Delete.
    I need to say that occasionally YouTube tends to stop working and have a complete clean out of the cache appears to reset it.

Hello, I want to inquire whether is it just a youtube or do every videos don’t tend to work. Are you making use of peerguardian or have edited your host files in any case.

I have founded from some sources that you need to clear the browser cache. And for your current browser internet explorer 9 you need to make some settings.
    * you need to go in Tools and then in Internet Options and then in Browsing History , you need to delete
    * make a selection of everything except 'Preserve Favorites website data' and then Delete.
    I need to say that occasionally YouTube tends to stop working and have a complete cleanout of the cache appears to reset it.
    Thanks for those replies as my issue was solved. Simply have to retype loads of passwords currently as it didn't preserve my data.

I also had the similar issue. You need to turn off the hardware acceleration of Flash video and in my case I made it work. So I suppose that it will not have any issues in the end.

This may be because of outdated flash update. It is necessary that you use the most recent version of flash player to run Youtube videos. And in particular time interval there are regular updates. Sometime it is required to run them manually. Second thing you can start resetting the personal settings of Internet Explorer to ensure that all are set to default. For that go in Internet Options > Advance > Reset. Click on this and it will wipe any preference or settings saved in the web browser. Once done relaunch Internet Explorer and run some Youtube videos. Also if you can paste the right error that you see on the screen, it will help you to find the most correct answer.

Re: In Internet Explorer 9 youtube stopped working.

There are two things that I can suggest you. First there is a addon called as Adobe PDF Link helper which sometime installs in your system and set to disable. If this is turned off some of the youtube videos does not respond. Just check whether you have this video or not. Go in Internet Options and then click on Programs. Then click on manage add-ons in which you can find this addon. Enable it. If this enable then just ensure the version of Internet Explorer you are using. This is just for reference that Flash player lack 64bit version. So you need the right update to run those videos.