Thread: "Save page as" operation is cancelled after clicking on another tab in Chrome

"Save page as" operation is cancelled after clicking on another tab in Chrome

Hello friends, I am having a computer system running Operating System: Windows XP SP3; and also I have Google Chrome version: 8.0.552.237 installed onto it.

Now the thing is that normally I try to manage many tabs at a time while working, and for the future reference I save the pages and close them. But the issue is that whenever I save the existing opened page using the “save page as” option and then after saving when I close or clicks on some other tab the saved page is cancelled without my notice. I have never seen anyone else facing this issue, also checked many threads but no such issue has been found can anyone help me out please.

Re: "Save page as" operation is cancelled after clicking on another tab in Chrome

I am having the same issue with the webpage on my Google Chrome 8.0 version. Let me tell you that even I am running the OS same as the person posted the thread.

I would like to explain he thing correctly, the thing is that when the web page is being saved, and if the tab is reloaded with some different page then the save operation is actually not cancelled, it only closes the tab and cause the save operation to be cancelled. I mean to say that if the page takes long time to get saved, the save operation is cancelled only if the tab is reloaded with a different webpage. Its actually not required or necessary to close the tab to cause a saved operation to be cancelled.