Thread: Unable to access facebook via Google chrome

Unable to access facebook via Google chrome

Hello friends, I am having the Google Chrome 17 on my Windows 7 computer, it is fully up-to-date. I am getting error message “site's security certificate is signed using a weak signature algorithm!'' whenever I am trying to access facebook. Even the antivirus which I have installed is the best and also up-to-date. I am getting the error message with the Facebook not with any other websites; I have been using Google chrome from past one year and was not getting the problem, it is been occurring from past 2 weeks. What is the problem and what should I do. Thank you.

Re: Unable to access facebook via Google chrome

I would suggest that you better clear all your browsing history and try to launch the Google Chrome again and access facebook again. There might be some sort of the cookies which will be giving the problem to you and also you were not able to access it. If you are able to get onto the Facebook page then you press CTRL + SHIFT + R to perform a hard refresh which will clear all the cache about the page.

Quote Originally Posted by AliyaK View Post
    I would suggest that you better clear all your browsing history and try to launch the Google Chrome again and access facebook again. There might be some sort of the cookies which will be giving the problem to you and also you were not able to access it. If you are able to get onto the Facebook page then you press CTRL + SHIFT + R to perform a hard refresh which will clear all the cache about the page.
    If I clear all browsing history and cache then also it does not help me. So I wanted to know something about it, I have tried to work with clearing the cache most of the time, I think this is the problem with the Google Chrome, I am using it as the default browser. Wanted to clear this problem and wanted to access the facebook.

If you are getting the “site's security certificate is signed using a weak signature algorithm!'' then you are been attempting to reach www.facebook.com, this message is been shown by the server, it means that security credentials that the server presented might have forgot it and the server which is trying to connect might not be the server and due to which you are not able to proceed.

Google chrome and Facebook were working together and I was not getting the problem from morning. In the afternoon it suddenly went down. I have cleaned everything, cleared the cookies, temp files and cache and also done a register clean then also nothing was working for me. I am able to access facebook but I proceed ahead then I am not able to do anything with the application. I have also checked the certification date and it was saying that it is been valid till November, so I do not think that it is due to facebook, it might be something else.

I would suggest that you better send an email to the Google and if possible just attach the screenshot of the problem you are getting; they might be able to reply back and tell that what you can do it. So you better can try this.