Thread: How to remove information tags over the tab

How to remove information tags over the tab

I am a genuine user of Opera since last 1 year, I love all its functionality and features. But still there is one feature of it which has failed to impress me; in fact it irritates me a lot. I am talking about the information tags that appear whenever I hover over the tabs.

It’s quite annoying, every time I hover the mouse over the tabs; I gets that speech bubble shown up with some extra information regarding that tab. Is there any solution to get rid of that thing?

Re: How to remove information tags over the tab

I am sure that you have not yet tried to enable or disable anything or not even you have tried out any trick in order to get rid of this bubble tags, but trust me I am fed up with doing every possible thing just to disable the information tab.

You know I have already turned off the tooltips and also the tab thumbnails are turned off then too I am getting this irritating tab bubbles. I don’t know what could be the issue with my browser but I would definitely suggest you to try out the same trick which I have mentioned, maybe somehow it will work for you.

Yeah that’s a great idea why don’t you just turn off the tooltip of your system if you are really annoyed with that information tab. It’s a very simple trick to disable it:
    • Start > Run > Regedit
    • Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    • Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: ShowInfoTip
    • Modify/Create the Value Name [ShowInfoTip] according to the Value Data listed below.
    • Value Data: [0 - ShowInfoTip Disabled / 1 - ShowInfoTip Enabled]
    • Exit Registry and Reboot

Hey I don’t know why you people are criticizing this functionality so much. Maybe it’s very much annoying for you all but trust me it’s really very important and useful feature every one of us. At least for them you need it.

I personally feel that it would be quite difficult for the user to use the stacked tabs without having this tab information enabled. And also as we all know that there is no page title in the windows title page with the default setup, it is very much useless to access multiple ordinary tabs without the info tag.

Hey I don’t know why you people are criticizing this functionality so much. Maybe it’s very much annoying for you all but trust me it’s really very important and useful feature every one of us. At least for them you need it.
    As everyone know that this features is very much useful for some of the users whereas other users doesn’t find it interesting at all, then why don’t this features is kept as an option. I would really request the developers to add it or please let the user have a choice to disable or enable it and put it in the preferences where the users can easily have an access to turn on or off the info tag bubble.

Instead of getting an extra additional choice and making things complicated why don’t you just use a shift key and make the balloon information tag disappear. It’s very much simple to do, whenever you move your cursor over the tabs and if you get that info tag balloon just press the “Shift key” and make that tab information get disappear.

I was having this issue from last 6 months, searched a lot for some solution but I didn’t get any suggestion other than turning off the tooltip.

I truly do not have any issue with the info balloon instead I have problem with those lengthy info balloons. The small ones are fine, they never disturbs are irritates me whenever I am doing some serious work but the bigger ones really annoys me. they actually hides the address bar. Whenever I keep the cursor on the tab and try reading the URL address before clicking on the tab, the address bar gets hidden due to that long info balloon.

Give it a try, in order to disable them you will have to disable the tooltips and then enable the Debug Skin option which is present in the Preferences. For you convenience I would provide you the link:

Enable Debug Skin opera: Debug Skin

just click on the link if accessing Opera. Or else copy and paste the link in Opera.