Thread: Address bar dropdown shows matching Bookmarks links,then previously visited sites in Opera 11.60

Address bar dropdown shows matching Bookmarks links,then previously visited sites in Opera 11.60

I am facing some issues with the address bar auto-complete dropdown of the latest opera 11.60 version. In the older version of opera 11.60 in address bar whenever I go on for a search, the auto-complete dropdown shows the sites in my bookmarks near the top of the list. But now in the latest version I have noticed that in address bar dropdown, it shows recently visited websites first, then the matching bookmarked links at the bottom of the list. Is there any way to get back to the previous version’s behavior?

re: Address bar dropdown shows matching Bookmarks links,then previously visited sites in Opera 11.60

As far as I know, there is no such possibilities which can help you out to change the address dropdown behavior, there is no such setting which can help you out. Then too I would suggest you to give the following trick a try, You can disable this opera:config#UserPrefs|AddressbarContentSearch and click save.

Then clean the address bar history. I am sure this will change the behavior of your address bar but along with that it will also lose the ability to find the pages that you have visited on the address bar.

re: Address bar dropdown shows matching Bookmarks links,then previously visited sites in Opera 11.60

It’s really very much irritating, whenever I type something on my address bar I am suppose to scroll to the extreme down side in order to see which of my bookmarks matches to the words I have typed. This address bar auto-complete list actually contains number of matching links but that doesn’t makes any sense at least for me as I generally prefer to visit the bookmarked links a lot and frequently. But this recent implementation which has the previous visited sites first then bookmarked sites.

It’s very much annoying to see that we have to scroll down at least 30 to 40 results just to get that one bookmarked result.

Even I would suggest you to simple follow the clear history step, this is the only suggestion which I can give you. As obviously we all know that this feature has been implemented by the developers which could not be changed. So if you really wanted to get rid of the long previous site list and simple wanted to get the bookmarked link in the address bar auto-complete then clear the history in opera:
    1. Open the Tools menu
    2. Select Preferences
    3. Open the Advanced tab
    4. Select History in the left pane
    5. Click the Clear button

Even I would suggest you to simple follow the clear history step, this is the only suggestion which I can give you
    Even I agree with the above suggestion, its better to delete all the history if the user really does not care about it and bookmarked links is the only requirement. But for that do we have to clear the history all the time. I mean if suppose I want to access certain site present in my bookmark and if I open the opera browser, so will I have to first clear the history and then type the initial letters of the desired site? I guess that would really take a longer time and also that would be very much annoying and irritating. Better I would scroll down the address bar auto-complete list and select the desired list. Don’t you any other thing to do.

Not that’s not an issue, you can simply also prevent your opera from storing the previously visited site for both history and autocomplete. For this you just have to set the number of storing addresses to “0”.
    In order to disable the storing contents of the visited pages, you need to just remove the check marks for the “Remember content on visited pages”.

Clean history of visited pages
    1. Open the Tools menu
    2. Select 'Delete Private Data'
    3. Click Detailed Options arrow
    4. Select the 'Clear history of visited pages'
    5. Click the 'Delete' button

I hope the following things will somehow help you to manipulate and change the setting of your history and cache on your Opera browser 11.

Clean history of typed-in addresses in Opera 11
    1. Tools menu
    2. Select Delete private data
    3. Click the Details button
    4. Select Clear history of typed-in addresses
    5. Click the Delete button

Clear cache in Opera 11
    1. Select Delete Private Data from the Tools menu
    2. Open the Detailed options list
    3. Select Delete entire cache
    4. Then click Delete

Instead of following the above lengthy process in order to clear your cache why don’t you just enable the automatic clear cache and keep the things simple. For clearing the cache automatically every time you exit the Opera:
    1. Open the Tools menu
    2. Select Preferences
    3. Open the Advanced tab
    4. Select History
    5. put the check mark for Empty on exit
    6. That’s all everything is done.