Thread: Opera 11.60 and 12.0 unable to upload files on Skydrive

Opera 11.60 and 12.0 unable to upload files on Skydrive

Seems like I am facing quite strange problem with my both Opera browsers i.e. 11.60 and 12.0. The problem is quite simple; I cannot upload files on skydrive.live.com. Normally if you upload any file, I know that there is a small progress bar which is popped out with small windows but here in opera it’s not happening instead I get a message saying that “it is not possible to upload folder”. I guess opera is trying to pretend in front of skydrive that I am trying to upload a folder instead of a single file.

Can anyone tell me why is this happening?

Re: Opera 11.60 and 12.0 unable to upload files on Skydrive

Initially I always had problems with using Microsoft websites on opera. But now I personally feel that Microsoft is using more and more standard codes due to which I am sure in future Opera is not going to have any issue.

For me skydrive is very much important and so is opera browser. so I can’t change or switch any of them. Having open skydrive on some other browser is not at all possible for me. is there anyone using alpha channel who can try and report back, and also let me know if there is any improved HTML5 capabilities.

There is a window.wLive.Core.Html5FileUpload constructor in Bucket4.js. The isFolder function tries and then fails to use a FileReader and its readAsArrayBuffer method. When the function fails, isFolder is passed as true, and that’s the reason you see the error message saying "Sorry, SkyDrive can't upload folders. Please upload the files that are contained in the folder instead."

In Opera 11.61 which you are using, for some files which opera is not able to access the FileReader reports NOT_READABLE_ERR. The isFolder functions when the new instance is created:

HTML Code:
    new window.wLive.Core.Html5FileUpload(fileMetadata, isDragAndDropSupported).isFolder(callback(isFolder))

objectLiteral fileMetadata:
    {"name":"file.ext","extension":".ext","iconType":"Ext","size":100,"downlevel":false,"canResizeOnClient":false,"upType":"h5","isLocked":false}

boolean isDragAndDropSupported:
    false

In Opera 11.61 which you are using, for some files which opera is not able to access the FileReader reports NOT_READABLE_ERR.
    Yeah you are right; it do show his error too. This error actually comes only in certain specific cases. As the error name itself must have conveyed that it’s only for the cases when the file is unable to read.

The user agent must use this code when the File is unable to read, it’s actually due to the permission issue that is occurred after a reference to a file or blob has been acquired for e.g. concurrent lock with another application.

Please help me out friends, even I have the same issue being discussed over here but along with that I am also facing some other major problem. Not just the Opera but also I need help with the Skydrive.

When I open it up everything is fine but then when I try to open up any document, it won’t open it and automatically it restarts any of the other windows that I have opened. Initially it use to happen not always but now it has become a frequently case. I really need to access one file at a time in particular but this problem is irritating me a lot.

With the CORE-41784 (XMLHttpRequest Level 2 upload and progress events) the developers of opera have completed their work related to the progress events in XMLHttpRequest. These progress events includes upload, download and timeout update. it will definitely improve both the download and upload experience of the user on Google Services with no more flash uploader on you tube and Gmail and lot more other sites.

Also the support for the XHR 2 has been very much improved in the new latest opera 12 build. I am sure that the HTML5 will definitely work fine now onwards.

Opera 12 (Wahoo) is going to be the most promising one till now. Already there are news that this build has introduced quite a few fixes for the current existing issues. Also there has been introduced lot of changes and improvements. One of the most important one is the Privacy.

This Opera 12 has the support for “Do Not Track” which actually allows the user of the browser to stand out of being tracked on the web. It’s actually being disabled by default but you can easily enable it by enabling the following option in opera preference dialog

"Preferences > Advanced > Security > Ask websites not to track me"

Remember that this thing will only work if the site is honored the request.