Thread: "Find in Page" unable to find words on page in Opera 10.53

"Find in Page" unable to find words on page in Opera 10.53

I can find a bug in one of the features of Opera 10.53. I have noticed that whenever I search for a word on any of the web page the “Find in Page” option is unable to find it and also says that it was didn’t find any of such kind of word.

Initially I thought that there was seriously no such words existing in the web page but then when I searched for the most obvious words, then too it failed to search them. Visited most of the site which showed the same issue. Please help me out.

Re: "Find in Page" unable to find words on page in Opera 10.53

Yeah even I can find this bug in my opera 10.53. But I never took it seriously as this option is not so necessary for me. But I really wanted to share my bitter experience regarding this bug.

I tried to find the page option in most of the sites like BBC, Google search, forums etc. but the only result I get is a message, that message says “There is no result”. The most interesting thing is that I get the same repeated message even if I try to search for a single letter.

Hey just let me know after you try out the following things. The first thing I would suggest you is reinstalling your opera; maybe your Opera 10.53 has encountered a bug, so better reinstall it. Or else I would suggest you to see the Preferences, Search, Find in page, Edit, Details.

Also let me know whether you have made any changes or modification or something in your settings or opera:config and operaprefs.ini.

I guess reinstalling won’t make any difference. If you have unknowingly messed up with the search.ini then definitely reinstalling your 10.53 browser won’t help you out. Opera however remember the user settings ever after the upgrading, otherwise you would have lost all your customized searches.

Even I had this problem, and let me tell you that there was nothing wrong with the preferences. Till the end I found neither the cause nor the solution. Later on I just switched back to the older version.

I had the same issue. I was unable to search for any keyword from last 2 weeks. Then later on after researching a lot I found that the “Find in page” bar works differently when I put some extra afford. I mean to say that whenever I use to call the Ctrl+F instead of / everything use to work properly.

Initially even if the matching words existed it use to show no result but then it seems to work correctly with /.

What I did was:
    • Went into Preferences
    • Shortcuts
    • Keyboard setup
    Then I noticed that the action configured for Ctrl+F was “find” with a small magnifying glass next to it and / was set to “Find inline,1”. Also I changed the Ctrl+F to “Find inline, 1”. And now the thing is that I always find all the possibilities of the string in the question.

Using Ctrl+F (find) or “/” (Find inline, 1) makes no difference, I mean to say that both of them works fine for me. may be the reason could be the because I am using Opera 11.01 which is seriously very much impressive. It never created any issue for me other than my own mistakes due to the lack of knowledge.
    Can anyone here let me know the commands and shortcuts for finding all the appropriate things, especially Find in page, Find Text and Find in Link.

Find in page
    • Shortcut = Ctrl F
    • Command = Find
    • Action = Open the Find in page toolbar
    • This command used to open a dialogue box

Find Text
    • Shortcuts =. or /
    • Command = Find Inline, 1
    • Action = Open the find in page toolbar for 3 seconds and find the typed text
    • This command used to open a popup

Find in Links
    • Shortcuts = , or ? (shift /)
    • Command = Find Inline, 2
    • Action = Open the find in page toolbar for 3 seconds and find the type text within links
    • This command used to open a popup