Thread: unable to reload cache for external CSS and JS files

unable to reload cache for external CSS and JS files

Can anyone tell me what could be the reason for the cache not getting reloaded for the external CSS and JS files in the opera browser? I am facing this problem from last few days.

After I am reloading certain page I can still get the old javascript code even after updating the JS file. As accordingly it should be using the javascript which I have saved or update. Then does it is just reloading the older code.

Re: unable to reload cache for external CSS and JS files

Yeah, the exact same thing is happening in my browser too. What actually I did was:
    • First opened up the new opera tab and visited certain site
    • The opened up the Notepad++
    • Updated one of the javascript files
    • Saved the file
    • Back to opera and then pressed F5 to reload the page
    • Page reloaded but then when checked it showed the same old JS file code.

After I open a new tab and then went directly to the JS file in opera, after pressing F5 I encountered the same thing over here too. Cant see the new code.

I have two possible options that could be the main cause for the issue.
    • First try out Shift+F5; this will help you to force reload of CSS and .js. I have not yet tested it but I guess It would work somehow.
    • Or else the issue could be with the opera 11.60 version. Maybe it’s true.

I am having Opera 11.61 installed on my system, never tried other browser so don’t know whether the issue is with just this version or all other version of this browser too facing the same issue. But really I am fed up with this problem and now I am planning to move on to some other browser rather waiting so long to search out for a fix or switching to some other version of the same browser and facing the issue again and again. There are also many people who are having the same reloading issue with other versions too. One of my friends is too facing this issue with the Opera version of 11.60 and not with the 11.61 version.

Try out the following thing, hope so it would help you:
    • Opera
    • Settings
    • Preferences
    • Advanced
    • History
    • Check documents: Always
    • check images: Always
    • OK

or else better try out browsing using a private tab or window.

I personally feel that now this opera 11.60 is being completely useless. I some believe that the developers however come up with a fix for this irritating problem.

Anyways just as a temporary measure I was suggested by my friend to do the following thing:
    • Right click on the Tab bar
    • Choose "New Private Tab"
    • And then I start working in that. In this private tab refreshing seems to be working fine after pressing Ctrl+R or F5.

Even I have a fix for this issue, but I would certainly not call it as a proper fix of this problem. What I do is “Clear Cache in exit” or something like that and then after this whenever I close the opera and reopen it I can see the changes easily. But the issue is that I am working with Kentico and due to that I have to always login again and again whenever I am using gmail, youtube or something else.

I have found that the opera 11.52 seems to have no such issues till now. Initially even I had the same problem when I switched to 11.61 from 11.52 believing that this upgrade would be useful, I was unable to reload the CSS even directly, I also tried the CSS URL directly but it didn’t work also tried all the possible solutions suggested to me including the ones which are mentioned above. But F5 was still unable to reload, even after I deleted and cleared everything from the cache.

But then when I returned to 11.52 everything thing seems to come back at their own place.