Thread: Getting Duplicate header message from the server in Chrome Version 16

Getting Duplicate header message from the server in Chrome Version 16

I have recently started using Chrome Version 16.0.912.63 m and I am running windows vista in my system and the problem that I am facing is that when I am trying to open RoundCube (email) on my domain. Then I am getting the below error message:
    Error 350 (net::ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_MULTIPLE_LOCATION): Multiple Location headers received. This is disallowed to protect against HTTP response splitting attacks.
    Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it?

rajni Guest

Re: Getting Duplicate header message from the server in Chrome Version 16

I am having the same issue, in my case I am getting the error message for all the mail clients which comes from my hosting for eg Squirrel mail and RoundCube, I have checked out using mozil and I am not having any such issue there, is there anyone who can help me in getting rid of this error message:
    Duplicate headers received from server
    The response from the server contained duplicate headers. This problem is generally the result of a misconfigured website or proxy. Only the website or proxy administrator can fix this issue.
    Error 350 (net::ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_MULTIPLE_LOCATION): Multiple Location headers received. This is disallowed to protect against HTTP response splitting attacks.

Yes even I have been using Mozilla for now and it is really working fine in my case as well, I am not able to open Yahoo mail as well as Gmail. I have been looking after a solution for the same and have found a no of other people facing the same issue but then I have not yet found a solution to solve the same out, I think that this is some kind of bug in the newest version, I wish that someone could come up with a solution for this soon.

As far as I am aware the new version is capable of matching up to the W3C spec and here multiple header definitions is said to be not allowed until it is validly combined into a single header and that too with a comma separated value list. I think that there is something wrong with the websites, I mean that they should probably change themselves so that they return a single header for location, I have found this to be a common issue with the content length headers and content type, a number of people have been raising the same issue and I think that it will be solved soon.

I am getting the same error when I am trying to download any book from Manning or when in am downloading an update of the books but then I am not getting the same issue with the original downloads. I am also getting the same error message when I am downloading PDF statements from financial websites as well, I am not having any issues when I am using internet explorer.

This issue has started after releasing of Chrome 16.0.912.63 and it is so because the Content-Disposition header has turned to be sensitive and strict, I have found some saying that the type must have a semicolon and the name of the file should be quoted as well, just for e.g. it should be like this:
    Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="The name of the file.doc"
    And not
    Content-Disposition: attachment, filename=The name of the file.doc

Yes you are correct but then not completely, I have tried changing them but then they did not helped, later along with the changes I had used ASP.NET in order to add the below lines before the header:
    (VB)
    Response.ClearHeaders()
    (C#)
    Response.ClearHeaders();

After that it worked, so if anyone is not able to get it work just with the above user alone changes then he can try out my trick as well. Hope that helps.

I think that I am having a better solution for you all and it is just to update the chrome to 16.0.912.75 m and after clearing the cache you won’t be having the same issue, I was having the same issue with Chrome Version 16.0.912.63 m but then after updating to chrome to 16.0.912.75 m I am not having any problem, if you all want then you can try out the same and I am sure that it will help you all out as well. Best of luck.