Thread: How to recover app and info lost after opening home page on Google chrome?

How to recover app and info lost after opening home page on Google chrome?

I have been using Google chrome from two months. I spent a few weeks carefully selecting apps and extension from Google chrome. I had twenty app thumbnails on the home page along with site most frequently visited. Yesterday, I closed Google chrome walked into the kitchen for taking some eating materials. After 15 I came near to my pc and opened chrome from desktop icon. I got page that all of them became white with exception of 3 sites which was I frequently used. Can you tell me how can I retrieve this information, tell me happened so I can try to make somehow that I does not happen again.

Re: How to recover app and info lost after opening home page on Google chrome?

This was happened me also. I was trying to find out what happened to apps and information. I was not able to figure out. Then I uninstalled Google chrome. You are thinking that how could I do this because I didn’t have to look for new application and bookmarks so I waited couple of days then after I reinstalled Google chrome and then went to web store to select my apps. After installing I came to home page and saw that my previous apps and bookmark as there were. I was so lucky.

I had the same problem. I would suggest you that please uninstall previous version of Google chrome and download new version and install, it may help you. Sometimes deleted apps and info cannot be recover But there may be chances of that you can recover bookmark by using this link..
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
    In that you can see file named “Bookmarks.bak”. Maybe you can make back of copy of this folder for safety purpose but it works out usually.

Chrome can restore your last session. Few months ago I have had my system crash and suddenly my chrome closed to open chrome again and have everything restored. Please make sure that setting should be correct.
    Click on wrench in the upper right corner.
    Go to option and under startup select “restore the page that were last open” and click close.