Thread: Google Chrome 18 is not remembering tabs on restart

Google Chrome 18 is not remembering tabs on restart

I have recently installed Google Chrome 18.0.1025.11 (Official Build 121089) beta-m and the problem is that when I am restarting the same then it does not remember tabs even though I have set it to Reopen the pages with the last open pages, if I am closing just the Chrome and then reopen it then it recognizes well but then not after reboot. Is there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

re: Google Chrome 18 is not remembering tabs on restart

I have recently installed Google Chrome 18.0.1025.11 (Official Build 121089) beta-m and the problem is that when I am restarting the same then it does not remember tabs even though I have set it to Reopen the pages with the last open pages, if I am closing just the Chrome and then reopen it then it recognizes well but then not after reboot. Is there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    As far as I am aware you can just pin the tab and after that if you will close the Google Chrome and then open it again then it will be open properly even after the restart, if you have not tried pinning then try out the same and then let me know if it is making any difference.

I have tried pinning the tab as well but then it is not making any difference and as I have said it is opening them only when I am closing the chrome only and not after a reboot, is there any other thing that I can try out??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that following:
    1. Which operating system you are running?
    2. Are you aware of the recently added software after which the issue might have started?
    3. Have you tried checking the list which is in the recently closed after going in to the New Tab Page?
    4. If possible just attach the screenshot chrome on the startup setting.

Just provide me the information asked above so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you ate facing and will try to help you with the same.

I will answer you in the same way:
    1. Operating system is Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit
    2. I am not aware if I have installed any software that may lead to this cause and all.
    3. I have checked out the list in the recently closed but then there are no tabs there as well.

Below is the attached screen shot just check it out:

I was having the same issue with the Google Chrome 18.0.1025.11 (Official Build 121089) beta-m but then I have removed it and have installed dev-m version and it is just working great, I was cracking my head to solve out the issue with beta-m but then I did not had luck and lastly I gave it up, I think that this is some kind of bug in the beta-m, anyways I am using dev-m version now and it is just working fit and fine, if you want then you can try out the same rather than looking out for solutions that won’t work, Hope that helps.

Re: Google Chrome 18 is not remembering tabs on restart

I am not very sure but then I was looking after a solution for the same and I have found one mentioning that the issue gets solved when we end the chrome.exe from the Windows Task Manager, actually the chrome.exe keeps running in the background even when we close the Chrome but after ending the process when you will open it again then you will get the tabs on next launch, just check out the same and then let me know if it is really working.