Thread: how to disable the Google search redirects on Opera?

how to disable the Google search redirects on Opera?

Is there anyone who can let me know that how I can disable the Google search redirects in Opera. I just wanted to say that the problem is actually with the way that I can no longer copy any link in Google search which is actually resulted by Right Click > Copy Link as. And also to download any pdf file in the search result has become impossible by Right Click > Save Lined Content as.

Anyways the problem can also be referred to the various other names such as URL modification or Link obfuscation. I just doubt about the malware or the virus. Anyone there who is facing the same issue like mine.

Re: how to disable the Google search redirects on Opera?

Yeah I am with you, having the exact same issue. Even I am unable to copy any link or download any pdf file from the search result using the same steps.

But I guess the issues are not with the malware as you said. Actually the exact thing that malware does is hijacks your search result and then sends you to the bogus site. And according to me this is entirely a different and unrelated issue, so you need not have to worry about it.

If I try to right click and copy the pdf link for e.g. “[pdf] 2005 BASEBALL”, I use to get a proper link but now after Google messed up everything I get some other unusual URL. I already tried the user scripts with names like “Clean Google Search URL” or “Disable URL Modification”.

I have some suggestions for you. Actually one of my friends had this problem he created a user JS that actually disables the rewrite of the link in Google search result.

Better you disable Google Search rewrite and then also install user JS. For installing User JS:
    • Create a folder for storing user JS files
    • Go to the user JS on GitHub > Right click on "raw" > Save Linked Content As > Save the JS file to your user JS folder
    • Opera > Settings > Preferences > Advanced > Content > JavaScript Options
    • Under "User JavaScript folder" > select "Choose" > Select the folder > OK > OK > OK

Disabling Google Search Rewrite certainly disables the rewrite of links in Google search result.
    Code:
    (function (opera)
    {
        "use strict";

function exists(value)
        {
            return (typeof value !== "undefined" && value !== null);
        }

opera.defineMagicFunction("rwt", function (realFunction, thisObject, that, string0, string1, string2, resultNumber, id0, id1, id2, r, event)    
    {
            if (exists(event))
            {
                var target = event.target;
                target.onmousedown = null;
                target.removeAttribute("onmousedown");
            }

return true;
        });
    }(window.opera));

Installing the User JS doesn’t seem to make any difference. If I however say about the PDF link on the google search result page, the opera browser popup does perfectly shows the link address as pointing directly to the file.

And also when I right click on the link and when I try to save it the file which is saved is always “url.htm” and again when I hang around on the link, it is changed to an enormously long url which actually will not allow me to save it directly but goes to the file.

That’s not an issue, you need not have to worry for that thing, just let me know whether you are using HTTP or HTTPS for Google.com. And if you are using a HTTPS then surely you need to enable the things present in the provided link, you have just copy and paste the below thing in Opera URL space.
    opera:config#UserPrefs|UserJavaScriptonHTTPS

At every session you will get a security message if you do not need that security warning message you can just patch the DLL. Also you can built this user JS into an extension so that you will not have to enable the HTTPS user JS settings; you won't see any security warning.