Thread: How to get Opera extension for transloading images using ImageShack on Opera?

How to get Opera extension for transloading images using ImageShack on Opera?

Hello everyone, I need to ask something to all those people who are aware of the ImageShack. I really love this service a lot but I hate the fact that Opera has not yet implemented it.

Recently I heard a news that there have been a Firefox extension released which can allow you to transload images directly by right clicking on them and then selecting an option from the context menu.

Anyone who can please help me out in knowing that how can I do get this service in my Opera 11.

Re: How to get Opera extension for transloading images using ImageShack on Opera?

ImageShack is surely the best and a great free image hosting service which is introduced to us. You can get this service easily undoubtedly. Even I am not a Firefox user as I prefer only opera for my daily browsing purpose. As you said that you can allow the images to transload directly by right clicking on them, same way you can also do the same thing on opera but first to get the imageshack service on Opera you need to first semi-duplicate this functionality using the Search.ini in Opera.

Once you semi-duplicate the imageshack functionality you can easily be able the do the same transloading thing. I am not sure but I think you can also do it using menu.ini.

Re: How to get Opera extension for transloading images using ImageShack on Opera?

Yeah you are right we can also do it using the MENU.INI.

• Open MENU.INI
    • Find to [Image Link Popup Menu] and [Image Popup Menu]
    • add item
    • Item, "Up Image To ImageShack"
    • Copy image address & Go to page, ImageShack

You can also download search.ini entry from web. But I guess the MENU.INI trick work out in Opera 9.6.

We can also upload images to ImageShack directly from the browser’s sidebar.

• Imageshack SideBar
    • Bookmark ImageShack’s sidebar
    • Turn on the bookmarks toolbar
    • Go to View menu -> Sidebar -> Bookmarks
    • Drag the new bookmark into the bookmarks toolbar
    • Now click the "ImageShack Sidebar" icon present in the bookmarks toolbar, that’s all.

And if you are unaware of the bookmarks toolbar then let me tell you that you need to go to View -> Toolbars -> Bookmarks Toolbar in order to turn on it.

You can also download search.ini entry from web. But I guess the MENU.INI trick work out in Opera 9.6.
    I guess you are mistaken I actually works on Opera 9.6, its working fine on my Opera. I would like to tell you to make sure that you copied it to the currently active menu setup. Also I would like to tell that the sidebar is fine for uploading our own image from our own system. But the main point of this menu item is to transload, the user can easily and tell the ImageShack to hold or grab the picture directly from another servers just by right clicking on any image in opera and after that just selecting the menu item from the context menu, without having the user to save it locally and then upload it. its actually useful.

Open MENU.INI
    Find to [Image Link Popup Menu] and [Image Popup Menu]
    add item
    Item, "Up Image To ImageShack"
    Copy image address & Go to page, ImageShack

Just wanted to ask you that is this also possible with a link to the ImageSachk member account? I have found that no command parameter to integrate the “Account code” which each registered member have with them. Other possibility could be to make a Menu Entry to use Rightload.

Maybe it will sound little bit off topic but you should definitely give images a try.

Seems like ImageSharck worked but its being too irregular in Opera 11.01, I mean to say that its giving an error while uploading an image. The error message says that "Failed to determine remote content type for transload URL".

Actually the image which I tried to upload was the first search result image of Google, I guess the problem is due to the spaces in the url.

I have also used the following thing for the image popup menu:
    Item, "Upload to ImageShack" = Copy image address & Go to page, "http://imageshack.us/transload.php?url=%c"

But the thing is that now I don’t want an identical behavior on the image link popup menu, in fact I want a new URL to go in to the new background tab. What should be done, any suggestion?

But the thing is that now I don’t want an identical behavior on the image link popup menu, in fact I want a new URL to go in to the new background tab. What should be done, any suggestion?
    Just try to reverse engineer the behavior with the following modification:
    Item, "Upload to ImageShack" = Copy image address & Open link in background page, "http://imageshack.us/transload.php?url=%c"

The sidebar is geneuine usefull, say for example when you do not want to hotlink an image from the original source, either that is to be considered to the person hosting the original image file without having stealing the bandwidth or else if that is not enough incentive.