Thread: Can we add grouping in opera express panel?

Can we add grouping in opera express panel?

I have a small doubt regarding my opera browser. I am already using an opera express panel page since long time which I personally feel is much better than the “favorite”.

Just wanted to ask is there not any option of adding the sites in group into this panel with each group having 4 to 5 site contained in it. Any suggestions or ideas?

Re: Can we add grouping in opera express panel?

I am working on opera from a very long time, especially working with the express panel a lot. Even I sometimes have wish of having my site appear in group that could be edited by our self. Heard from lot of people that it is possible, in fact there are people who are making it possible. Is it true? Also can anyone tell my about the speed dial thing.

I have a wish or you can say an idea with me for regarding the speed dials. Actually the idea is to have a Speed dial divided with multiple number areas as according to our need and then having those separated areas placed with different colors. This would not only make it easier for the users but also look attractive. Not just this but also there should be some options available for the new sites to each respective area in speed dial.
    Trust me friends once if this suggestion is fulfilled, it will definitely make the usability more convenient and efficient and also can make opera more powerful. These features should be kept as options so that only the interested users can have it enabled on their browsers and the rest non-interested disable it.

I would suggest you to try out an advance search for “speed Dial”, also let me tell you that the thing which you are talking about is called as speed Dial.
    As it is you can already have having a table kind of thing with 5 rows and 4 columns, so just arrange your speed dials in column for work, social network, Fun and others.

I agree with you friend, but let me tell you that my wish and thoughts are more advanced and a step ahead of you. I would just like to say that rather than having a category style which would however make the speed dial look more cluster why don’t we have a speed dial tabs that would probably be able to appear at the top of the browser, almost below the bookmark toolbar and the address bar. This speed dial tabs would almost look similar to the browser tabs.

All the categories will have their own tab with any number of speed dials under their tab. Once if it is implemented then I am sure that this will be the most convenient way of having your most important bookmarks visually available to you.

Even I would prefer the same feature to have in the later version of this browser. I personally hate this standard normal bookmark present in the browser. The most irritating thing is that we are suppose to start the bookmark finding process all over again once we are looking the bookmark through the multiple folders and our cursor tends to move and drift off the current folder. Also I think that the bookmark drop-down menu is too touchy.

You don’t think that maintaining that grouped column is quite difficult, as obviously one little change can possibly make you to re-arrange every dial after the one which you have changed. Also I guess there are some of the layouts that are almost impossible as we can’t leave them empty spaces.

Let me tell you, just to get my (5,1)x3 layout it took me so much of time. Not only this, I was also suppose to reassign the shortcuts in order to remap them to the original 5x3 dial.

Actually the 1x3 group in my speed dial is just an information dials like whether, currency etc, so definitely they don’t need shortcuts at least not in my case. Having it separated from the 5x3 group looks quite nice and neat and also keeps my old group as usable as before.

That’s a good way of having a bookmark. I always feel difficult to search for the saved bookmarks as there are no such pictures of the sites which we are bookmarking.
    I guess having the bookmark with the picture and the tab is the best and the perfect way, but also the customization of the speed dial should be definitely done individually for each tab.
    I am sure if opera comes out with this feature, it would be more awesome using this browser.