Thread: cannot install application because add to chrome button says "checking..."

cannot install application because add to chrome button says "checking..."

Hello friends in my computer I am using Google Chrome 15 and I am facing problem while installing application in Google chrome. Whenever I search any app on Google web store and then after downloading the file when I click on add to chrome button at that time it says checking and then nothing happens. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: cannot install application because add to chrome button says "checking..."

Well according to me you should try to solve this problem by creating the new Google chrome browser profile in your computer and after that your problem will get solved. I was also having same problem with Google chrome and then I have created new browser profile and then my problem get solved.

Thank you for the information. You have mentioned that I have to create new browser profile in my computer but I don’t know how to create new profile. Please let me know the exact steps to create new profile. Thank you in advance.

To create new browser profile you have to follow these steps.

If Google chrome is opened then you have to first close that and afar that you have to open start menu and then click on Run and after that you have to put this

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
    And then click on ok.

If you have windows vista or windows 7 then open start menu and then click on start menu search box and then put this

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\
    After that press enter.

Now rename the locate folder to backup default.After that you have to open Google chrome browser again and then it will create new folder. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Yes creating the new profile will help you to solve this problem. I am telling you this because I was also having same problem and then I have this problem by clearing the cache and cookies from the browser but that does not help me to solve this problem. Now after that I have created new browser profile and then my problem get solved. You should also try this solution.

Hello guys in my computer I have MAC OS 10.6 and I am having similar issue with the Google chrome and after trying all the possible solution also I was not able to fix this issue. Now I have read in above post that by creating the new profile problem can get solved but above steps are for windows.

Please let me know the stapes for MAC.

You can create new browser profile for MAC by doing following stapes.

• Close Google chrome browser.
    • Go to the menu and after that go to folder.
    • Now you have to put this in text fields.
      ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default.
    • Now after that click on Go.
    • Now rename default folder to “backup folder”
    • Now after that you have to start Google chrome again.

Well if creating the new browser profile does not help you to fix this problem then you have to uninstall Google chrome browser from computer and then install Google chrome again and then your problem will get solved. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.